BobA

They’re at it again

As much as I’m happy to see the ACLU pound this school system over this I find it funny how they made it a 1st amendment issue skipping over the 2nd amendment. If these kids posted about daisies there wouldn’t have been an issue. The second applies just as hard in my opinion. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.app.com/amp/3427480002

I'm surprised the ACLU is stepping into this, but fair is fair. Those kids were targeted unfairly by the communists in the school system.

..." LACEY, N.J. — The American Civil Liberties Union filed a lawsuit Wednesday on behalf of two students suspended from Lacey Township High School for posting photos of firearms to social media outside of school. The ACLU-NJ called the suspensions a violation of First Amendment rights. "

The ACLU's complaint states that according to the School District, a parent of another student reported the Snapchat pictures March 12, 2018. The parent allegedly said the picture made her child nervous to come to school, according to the ACLU.

https://patch.com/new-jersey/lacey/aclu-sues-lacey-district-gun-photo-suspensions

32 minutes ago, Sniper said:

I'm surprised the ACLU is stepping into this, but fair is fair. Those kids were targeted unfairly by the communists in the school system.

..." LACEY, N.J. — The American Civil Liberties Union filed a lawsuit Wednesday on behalf of two students suspended from Lacey Township High School for posting photos of firearms to social media outside of school. The ACLU-NJ called the suspensions a violation of First Amendment rights. "

The ACLU's complaint states that according to the School District, a parent of another student reported the Snapchat pictures March 12, 2018. The parent allegedly said the picture made her child nervous to come to school, according to the ACLU.

https://patch.com/new-jersey/lacey/aclu-sues-lacey-district-gun-photo-suspensions

And instead of addressing the alleged "nervous child's" problem the chicken-shits took the CYA way out.  Once the ACLU proofs their case the school system will need to get their check books out.  The unfortunate part is the settlement will probably insurance money and the anal openings responsible will walk away without consequence.    

2 hours ago, BobA said:

And instead of addressing the alleged "nervous child's" problem the chicken-shits took the CYA way out.  Once the ACLU proofs their case the school system will need to get their check books out.  The unfortunate part is the settlement will probably insurance money and the anal openings responsible will walk away without consequence.    

I agree, the payout will probably come from insurance money, but the insurance company's lawyers will contact the BOE and let them know they do not appreciate the schools costing them money.  At the end of the day, the insurance company is in it to make money.

41 minutes ago, Regular Guy said:

I agree, the payout will probably come from insurance money, but the insurance company's lawyers will contact the BOE and let them know they do not appreciate the schools costing them money.  At the end of the day, the insurance company is in it to make money.

Making money through increased rates paid by the tax payer. 

I think it may have been stronger to bring the case on violation of 1A rights based off past cases/precedent of student speech in schools. I don't think they'd have as much support if they filed the case focusing on the 2A issue, as much as I would've liked to see it...

1 hour ago, Mreal75 said:

I think it may have been stronger to bring the case on violation of 1A rights based off past cases/precedent of student speech in schools. I don't think they'd have as much support if they filed the case focusing on the 2A issue, as much as I would've like to see it...

I agree. No one supressed the kids 2A rights, but when they exercised their 1A right about shooting guns then they were reprimanded 

1 hour ago, fishnut said:

I agree. No one supressed the kids 2A rights, but when they exercised their 1A right about shooting guns then they were reprimanded 

Maybe so. But clearly it was the subject matter of the pictures that caused the censorship and punishment. If they were fishing in the photos would the reaction be the same?  I don’t think so. Their 1A rights were suppressed by trying an end run to suppress their 2A rights. 

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, BobA said:

Maybe so. But clearly it was the subject matter of the pictures that caused the censorship and punishment. If they were fishing in the photos would the reaction be the same?  I don’t think so. Their 1A rights were suppressed by trying an end run to suppress their 2A rights. 

Yeah I completely agree