Displaced Texan

Fellow Star Wars nerds....

Heh, there as SW after Jedi? lol.  

I used to be a big fan, but only of the original episodes.

Episode 1 was jar jar funny but not "Serious"... then 2 and 3 were pointless outside of Natalie Portman.

Completely stopped caring after.

Star Trek and Star Gate over Star Wars almost any day of the week.

1 minute ago, Maksim said:

Heh, there as SW after Jedi? lol.  

I used to be a big fan, but only of the original episodes.

Episode 1 was jar jar funny but not "Serious"... then 2 and 3 were pointless outside of Natalie Portman.

Completely stopped caring after.

Star Trek and Star Gate over Star Wars almost any day of the week.

SGU

The expanse 

@High Exposure I was thinking that, but I’m still not sure what my favorite is. 

6 minutes ago, Zeke said:

SGU

The expanse 

@High Exposure I was thinking that, but I’m still not sure what my favorite is. 

Agree. I was disappointed when they cancelled SGU. I thought it had the most potential if any of the SG series. 

Expanse is as good as it gets. 

2 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Agree. I was disappointed when they cancelled SGU. I thought it had the most potential if any of the SG series. 

Hahah, SGU popped up on Prime yesterday sk started watching again. Season 1 needed work but by the time they cancelled it.... was a huge FU to community. On such a freaking cliff hanger. “Meaning of Life kind of stuff.”

3 minutes ago, Maksim said:

Hahah, SGU popped up on Prime yesterday sk started watching again. Season 1 needed work but by the time they cancelled it.... was a huge FU to community. On such a freaking cliff hanger. “Meaning of Life kind of stuff.”

Oh, might have to rewatch then. Need to get through BSG again and now GoT

7 minutes ago, Maksim said:

I am actually into season 2 watching Stargate Atlantis.  Each Stargate show had some good plotlines.   I ended up being a fan after the shows aired, so i have like a dozen and a half dvd sets now!!

Just now, father-of-three said:

I am actually into season 2 watching Stargate Atlantis.  Each Stargate show had some good plotlines.   I ended up being a fan after the shows aired, so i have like a dozen and a half dvd sets now!!

Was never a huge fan of Atlantis but did enjoy quite a few of them. 

The original SG1 is still the best.

i like McKay as a special guest star but not quite as a full time lead. 

Did like Jonas Quinn character on SG1 and wish he was made permanent. 

Really LOVED Claudia Black playing Vala. 

• Like 1

Darth Vader was a baddass in Rogue One.  He doesn't seem to carry that fire in the original episode Iv.

7 hours ago, High Exposure said:

*Point of order - Boba Fett was not a Mandalorian. He just wore Mando armor.

Correct, he was Maori.  From New Zealand.  And before he was Boba Fett, he was Jake da Muss

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Darth Vader was a baddass in Rogue One.  He doesn't seem to carry that fire in the original episode Iv.

:facepalm:  He absolutely did.

C’mon.... Episode IV starts like 10 minutes after Rogue One ended. Vader was the same badass mofo throughout the whole original trilogy.

Now, Were the fight scenes filmed with the same energy? Of course not. They couldn’t do a single scene from Rogue One with 1970’s tech. But that doesn’t take anything away from the man himself.

Perspective man! You’ve lost it!!

5 hours ago, voyager9 said:

I like The Expanse books. I just finished the latest “Tiamat’s Wrath” last week. I just can’t get into the show. 

2 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

Best to worst....IMHO. 

R1, IV, V, Solo, VI, VII, III, II, I, VIII. 

I’d swap IV and V (only by a very small margin) but other than that I agree.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

I like the expanse books. I just finished the latest “Tiamat’s Wrath” last week. I just can’t get into the show. 

The show is different but actually very true to the books. While I like the books more, the show is much better than most book adoptions.   As with most series, you need to give it well into the first season, mid-second for the cast to hit a stride. (Amos and Alex especially are great). 

31 minutes ago, SW9racer said:

Anything but TNG.  I would rather watch VIII than most things TNG.

Seriously?  I am not a huge Trekkie but TNG is by far the best series in the Star Trek universe.

I wish they involved Q even more.

ok ok, and why is VIII that bad?  I quit SW a long time ago...