Displaced Texan

Fellow Star Wars nerds....

I am really liking the Mandalorian. It makes me very very happy.

I am also re-watching Rebels, this time with my son. He was too little when it premiered, so he waited. We are about halfway through season 3. I thought it was just ok the first time I watched it. I am really liking it know. Season 3 is incredible with lots of tie-in and “whoa” moments.

If you haven’t seen it, I highly recommend it.

Im still excited for Ep IX. Mostly because my son is over the moon with anticipation and it’s a lot of fun to feed off his excitement. He’s got all these theories and ideas about what is going to happen next. I imagine this is how I was with my dad after ESB and waiting for RotJ to come out.

Star Wars is just too much fun!

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, SW9racer said:

I am thoroughly enjoying The Mandalorian, I am not even interested anymore in Ep 9.

It is awsome. For a fun read on it The Federalist does very interesting recaps and helps tie into the whole SW history/ theme. 

https://thefederalist.com/

21 minutes ago, siderman said:

It is awsome. For a fun read on it The Federalist does very interesting recaps and helps tie into the whole SW history/ theme. 

https://thefederalist.com/

https://thefederalist.com/2019/12/06/the-new-mandalorian-episode-hints-at-an-old-star-wars-character-come-back/

better linky

• Like 1

9 hours ago, High Exposure said:

I am really liking the Mandalorian. It makes me very very happy.

I am also re-watching Rebels, this time with my son. He was too little when it premiered, so he waited. We are about halfway through season 3. I thought it was just ok the first time I watched it. I am really liking it know. Season 3 is incredible with lots of tie-in and “whoa” moments.

If you haven’t seen it, I highly recommend it.

Im still excited for Ep IX. Mostly because my son is over the moon with anticipation and it’s a lot of fun to feed off his excitement. He’s got all these theories and ideas about what is going to happen next. I imagine this is how I was with my dad after ESB and waiting for RotJ to come out.

Star Wars is just too much fun!

Visit Galaxy's edge.....go to black spire outpost

Amazing, immersive - cast members all young and getting their feet wet....i find if you engage with them....they will engage back and get more comfortable with their character...

Played some Sabbacc while there hanging around...got hassled by some storm troopers...was taking pics and was accused of being a rebel spy because of camera pointing at the fighter.....some kid near me in a jedi robe stepped in waved his hands at the pair and said he is not a spy....the storm trooper goes ..he is not a spy..and they walked away.....kid smiled the biggest smile i saw all week....classic !!!

never got on the Falcon or Rise...it was mobbed.  I can post some pics if you want...get there..a lot of fun.

The Mandalorian is awesome. I can’t wait for next week to find out who they teased at the end finding Fennec Shand’s body. Some say it could be Boba Fett even though he supposedly died prior in ROTJ.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

The only thing that bugs me about Mandelorian is the short episodes. They’re only 35’ish minutes. That’s too short for good episodes to stand in their own. The plot or characters are just starting to develop and it’s over..

And it’s once a week! I wanna binge watch it!

42 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

The only thing that bugs me about Mandelorian is the short episodes. They’re only 35’ish minutes. That’s too short for good episodes to stand in their own. The plot or characters are just starting to develop and it’s over..

Each week, I start at episode 1 and watch through the newest.

I was sad they were so short at first, then I realized, if there were commercials, they would each be an hour episode on a prime time network.

I think they are using the time they have for each episode wisely. I like where the story is going and am looking forward to what happens next.

I also heard that there will be a tie in to Ep IX in an episode before the release date for “Rise of Skywalker”. This concerns me slightly, but - so far, so awesome! 

1 minute ago, High Exposure said:

I was sad they were so short at first, then I realized, if there were commercials, they would each be an hour episode on a prime time network.

I think they are using the time they have for each episode wisely. I like where the story is going and am looking forward to what happens next.

I also heard that there will be a tie in to Ep IX in an episode before the release date for “Rise of Skywalker”. This concerns me slightly, but - so far, so awesome! 

Jeebus you even practice watching the mandolorian? A level commitment brother

1 minute ago, High Exposure said:

I think the “normal” runtime for shows with commercials is around 42-47 minutes so even based on that Mando is 10 minutes shorter. 

The tie in could be concerning but given it takes place well before IX chances are you won’t realize what it is until you see the movie (at least I hope that’s how they do it).  I have some theories.