Bully

Building a... (gulp!) Glock

2 hours ago, Zeke said:

Mill slide yet?

No sir.  My "shop" is in disarray as I just sold my Harrison lathe and am purchasing another shortly.  I also want to move my mill onto a concrete pad that is in the garage but the Bridgeport is not light.  Once I get it all situated I'll spend a day tramming everything and will also buy some scrap material to mess with.  

Bully just curious here did you look into doing a 34 slide or 17 slide on a 19 frame? I know you need a lone wolf conversion barrel and  spacer and a new guide rod. But if it's for gun games why not?  If not anyone else do this before? I'm thinking of going that route on a build because I have so many 19 mags already but want a longer slide i think unless it isn't reliable then I'll scratch that idea. Any info is appreciated. 

1 hour ago, chris327 said:

Bully just curious here did you look into doing a 34 slide or 17 slide on a 19 frame? I know you need a lone wolf conversion barrel and  spacer and a new guide rod. But if it's for gun games why not?  If not anyone else do this before? I'm thinking of going that route on a build because I have so many 19 mags already but want a longer slide i think unless it isn't reliable then I'll scratch that idea. Any info is appreciated. 

Look into Brownell's 19LS setup.  It's a 19 frame and a 17ish slide and barrel.  No spacers, it mounts like a 34 or 17L would.  

@chris327

I had a 34 slide on it for a minute but wanted to comp it (‘cuz why not?) and a 17 or 34 comped is just too long. The 19 is pretty perfect. So 19 won the day. 

Also, with a dot the sight radius is of no importance. 

3 hours ago, Bully said:

@chris327

I had a 34 slide on it for a minute but wanted to comp it (‘cuz why not?) and a 17 or 34 comped is just too long. The 19 is pretty perfect. So 19 won the day. 

Also, with a dot the sight radius is of no importance. 

Ok cool. I was just curious on it. I also think I want to add a comp but it's a range fun gun and think I  want to do a 17 or 34 on a 19 frame. That's true I'm going the rmr route on it as well. But idk why not make it obnoxiously long. 

9 hours ago, chris327 said:

Ok cool. I was just curious on it. I also think I want to add a comp but it's a range fun gun and think I  want to do a 17 or 34 on a 19 frame. That's true I'm going the rmr route on it as well. But idk why not make it obnoxiously long. 

If you're ever around on a Monday, I'm up at CR most of them.  I'm a morning guy.  Let me know ahead of time and you can fuss with it and throw some rounds thru it.  You can try it with a dot and see how it fits.  

Thanks for the offer. But I'm never around on a Monday or even during the day because of work. I have a handgun with a dot already so not new to them. Just not a funny oddball glock 19 with a super long slide and comp and dot that I'll shoot  at 50 yards. 

Just now, chris327 said:

Thanks for the offer. But I'm never around on a Monday or even during the day because of work. I have a handgun with a dot already so not new to them. Just not a funny oddball glock 19 with a super long slide and comp and dot that I'll shoot  at 50 yards. 

That sounds oddly perfect.  Good luck with the project.  

As has been mentioned, I'd look at Lone Wolf for a slide.

24 minutes ago, blksheep said:

I have 4 of them and they are flawless.  Just put the 19LS together with the RMR and it's a legit setup 

Ok thanks. This is making me do 2 slides now for this frame. Maybe 2 complete guns. But for now 2 different slides. 

5 hours ago, Shane45 said:

For those that want to polish their slides, just a word of caution. It is my understanding that glock doesnt use the best steels and rely on the tennifer finish. If you go too deep and remove the tennifer, you may have issues.

Issues with...?   

I’m assuming you mean rust. I keep it well wiped and lightly oiled. And this slide may get coated shortly anyway. I have another slide on the way. Solid advice tho. 

4 minutes ago, Shane45 said:

No. Actual wear. Brass seems to ding the slide on the way out. I've seen slides that didnt have the tennifer anymore. Once that happened, the brass started to dig a hole in the slide fairly quickly compared to when protected. 

Aha.  Good to know.  Thanks.

I have a Carver Custom on mine. I got the one with a set screw. I like it a bunch. You will need a lighter spring, just so you know. 13lbs seems to be the trick. 

Some comps look better. They all seem to do pretty much the same job. Also, KKM makes a barrel with a proprietary thread pitch. If you get it you will pretty much need to run their comp. they also make a barrel with the standard 1/2-28. 

Im running a Lone Wolf, mainly because I got a screaming deal on it. It seems to work well enough for my purposes. 

My one buddy likes the SilencerCo. stuff. 

Good luck. 

Thank you. Some more options. Yea it's just a fun build but I def want something built decent. Never used a pistol comp before so know nothing  about them. Have everything else almost done at this point. Just waiting on a few last pieces, rmr, sealing plate,  sights and need to order the comp.