Bully

Building a... (gulp!) Glock

I have a client/acquaintance that has recently received his FFL.  He is able to get me a Glock 19/3 frame.  I'm going to build it into something kinda racy.  

I have minimal experience with Glock firearms.  I have in the past owned one, a 19/4.  It was cool but I don't love plastic guns.  So I sold it.  I have not had a desire to own another  until recently when I saw the plethora and ease of assembling and building them and how much fun it can be (anyone that knows me knows I can't help building sh--stuff).  

So, I have the frame and recently purchased a LPK and locking block kit from Lone Wolf.  It came with the trigger and all the attendant parts.  What I'm looking for is suggestions on parts to buy, parts to avoid buying, etc.  Any tips and tricks from experienced "builders" would be much appreciated as well.  

My thoughts are as follows:
19/3 frame
Stock parts kit minus trigger
Apex trigger (I've got one in another pistol and like it but am very open to suggestions)
Stippling of some type, I may try it myself.  
ETS magazines

Stock 19/3 slide
Stock upper parts kit (for now)
Window cut the front and cut for a mini dot
Lone Wolf barrel, threaded
A compensator of some type --- I'm totally lost on this one and have zero experience with comps on hand guns but will run this in some local games hence my wanting one.

I'm for sure looking for recommendations on magwell and extended mag release.  The magwell is not as tough, the mag release is.  I dislocated my thumb some years ago and don't have full function.  Pressing a release is tough on the standard size.  Especially the 3's.  On  my 1911's I run a paddle release.  I don't love it but it's what works for me.  

Color...  Well, that's up in the air as well.  We'll see how that rolls.  

Again I'm looking for suggestions on which way to proceed and which way to avoid.  
And, before it starts, this is not my first rodeo.  I know about the pitfalls of building, the extra cost involved, etc.  Additionally this will not be a HD gun.  Essentially I have every avenue covered already and am in the toy buying phase.  

Thanks in advance for any help.

21 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Mrs used an overwatch precision trigger.

kkm barrel. Lpk and upk stock.

She's happy with the KKM? Happy with the Overwatch?  Any experience beyond what she has?  

Any internal tweaks or was it assembled and fired?

You're still buying ammo, correct?  

16 minutes ago, Bully said:

She's happy with the KKM? Happy with the Overwatch?  Any experience beyond what she has?  

Switched out the plunger tip with her 19/4, then ordered that tip as a replacement.

couple of hiccups first 200 . Now flawless 

all with 124 federal. Still buying, saving brass. Cost savings to reload with press purchase would take us 20,000 rounds to break even. Getting 124 for about.16/per

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Switched out the plunger tip with her 19/4, then ordered that tip as a replacement.

couple of hiccups first 200 . Now flawless 

all with 124 federal. Still buying, saving brass. Cost savings to reload with press purchase would take us 20,000 rounds to break even. Getting 124 for about.16/per

Cool.  Thanks. 

As for the ammo question, just checking to make sure you're not running hot reloads or anything.  9 is super cheap right now.  Even I bought some lately.  I hated it but for the price it was just too easy.  

2 minutes ago, Bully said:

Cool.  Thanks. 

As for the ammo question, just checking to make sure you're not running hot reloads or anything.  9 is super cheap right now.  Even I bought some lately.  I hated it but for the price it was just too easy.  

As far as Rmr,

ive talked with @Modern Materiel whom I believe collaborate with tier1 . Best practice send in Rmr or mounting plate with slide.

Are you doing that yourself? Why not?

4 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Are you doing that yourself? Why not?

I'm currently negotiating a mill purchase.  I plan to mill for a dot myself.  No plates.  It'll mount directly to the slide.  I will not be running irons.  I may have the front sight hole welded closed once it all comes to plan.  We'll see.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2019 at 8:11 AM, Bully said:

KKM barrel cut my groups in half from a rest at 25 yds

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

On 4/14/2019 at 7:51 AM, Zeke said:

Mrs used an overwatch precision trigger.

kkm barrel. Lpk and upk stock.

@Bully Upk is not totally stock. All Wolf springs, apex extractor and spring. 

Overwatch trigger is like butter, I loooovvveee it!

On 4/15/2019 at 10:26 AM, Mrs.Zeke said:

@Bully Upk is not totally stock. All Wolf springs, apex extractor and spring. 

Overwatch trigger is like butter, I loooovvveee it!

Did you try anything else or just the Overwatch.

1 hour ago, Bully said:

Did you try any triggers prior to settling on the Overwatch?  

Stock, polish all parts and change trigger spring weight.  

5 hours ago, Bully said:

Did you try any triggers prior to settling on the Overwatch?  

Overwatch was the only after market trigger I have tried. I originally tried on someone else’s Glock. I was pretty happy with my stock trigger in my g19. And almost went stock in the G34.  But took a chance on the OV and now I want it in my 19 and all future glocks lol

Heard Apex are good too, but no personal experience with them  

• Like 1

Slide showed.

All stock Glock 19 with an additional Lone Wolf threaded barrel.  I'm probably going to comp this pistol so that's cool.  When I have the family together I'll post a pic of the components so far.  Thanks all for the help.

• Like 1

Polishing the slide. 

Added an Apex trigger. 

Looking at Carver Custom “Tactical” magwell. It’s just a bit smaller than a competition magwell but will help my fumbling butt with reloads. 

Im still looking at mag releases. I think the Rock Your Glock may get the nod. We’ll see. 

1DA111DE-0793-428A-8909-B4B94C46DB17.jpeg

Carver Custom "Tactical" magwell and Apex paddle style mag release are on the way.  

The frame will be done once these are installed. 

On to the upper.

And a holster.  I'm looking for a holster.  I'd love holster suggestions.  I'll need help with a holster... :ninja: