sage613

selling on Gunbroker

I am selling, thru an FFL, a rifle on GB  I have never done so before.  Its a collector piece, but there have been no bids for several weeks and I'm getting nervous about it

Curious if anyone else who has sold on GB can share their experience

It's tough when you have no history. Took me a while to get going there. Selling a commodity gun like a Glock or newer Browning seems easier than rarer or more unusual guns. Took me months to sell my Sako and I ended up practically giving it away. Is it auction or a fixed price? Hopefully you set a reserve to protect yourself. I'd also recommend allowing buyers to make an offer so you can gauge the market for your gun. If it's super collectable, you might want to try one of the auction houses that specialize in that sort of thing.

thank you to everyone for really thoughtful responses-why I like this forum

26 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

Link it here and I’ll bid if I have interest.

Does it have a minimum opening bid or reserve?  It’s just possible that one or both are not what the market is willing to pay.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/805968298

2 hours ago, sage613 said:

thank you to everyone for really thoughtful responses-why I like this forum

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/805968298

You need to have that description rewritten.  Beat up some, but overall not to bad considering its age, is not a great sales pitch.  I realize you are only talking about the box, but that lead in poisons the well for the rest of the ad.  The "lever" on the hammer is called a hammer spur.  Replace " Firearm is in nice shape as well as the stock and fore end " with something like "Blueing is 90%, minor handling marks on stock.  Additional descriptions like "bore is bright and shiny" and "strong rifling" are common descriptors.

EDIT: Also, make sure "JM Stamped" appears somewhere in the ad.

• Agree 1