Zeus2112

Ammo in Essex county (or nearby)

10 hours ago, My1stGlock said:

Put them in the ammo cans that are indescript and put them in the garage with your tool box less one box for the bedroom dresser drawer! 

thanks! was thinking of doing this, but the garage is not heated, nor temp controlled, so in the winter/summer would that still be ok?

thanks

12 hours ago, Sniper said:

My wife isn't a fan either of the firearms or the ammo, or the sport in general. But she realizes that its not fair to push her wishes/beliefs on others. She refuses to go to the range with me (that could be a good thing). When something new follows me home, she just looks the other way. When the UPS/Fedex guy shows up with a box, and it looks like he's getting a hernia, she just shakes her head (and goes to off to Kohl's).

So, we have an informal agreement. I don't count the number of shoes, outfits and purses in her closet, and she doesn't count the number of firearms or cases of ammo in my possession.

See how easy it is to "compromise"? You should try that.

I love this logic! and have used it in the past...I never buy anything for myself, so on the rare occasion that I do (such as this)...

Only part I left out, is that we do have a 12-year-old boy, so she's concerned about him. If it were just us, I'd probably have had an armory in the basement years ago :)

Just trying to keep the house as safe as possible, and again, this is NOT for home protection, only for range shooting.

Thanks!

11 hours ago, david8613 said:

This is a good thread!

I love how my first post here has gone from "where to buy ammo..." TO "How to hide guns/ammo from your wife"... :)

I agree, this is a fun topic though...

Congrats on the 92! Great choice. Now get the the .22 conversion kit. Now you have 2 hand guns. (kinda) Cheaper to shoot and easy to learn on.

Next, start getting your son interested. 12 is a great age to start him if the schools haven't brain washed him yet.  Anything you can do together and spend time doing is a plus. Your wife can't complain about that. After all, you're doing it for your son.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SmittyMHS said:

Next, start getting your son interested. 12 is a great age to start him if the schools haven't brain washed him yet.  Anything you can do together and spend time doing is a plus. Your wife can't complain about that. After all, you're doing it for your son.:rolleyes:

This! Get your kid into shooting and teach him about gun safety and to respect firearms. You will be teaching him valuable life lessons and spending great quality time with him. When your wife sees that she will likely warm up firearms, even if only a little. It's a win, win, win! 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2019 at 8:21 PM, My1stGlock said:

Put them in the ammo cans that are indescript and put them in the garage with your tool box less one box for the bedroom dresser drawer! 

Can you store ammo in a garage that's not temp controlled? 

Even if not long-term, but for a few months?