Underdog

Tactical Solutions Pac Lite

Does anybody have an opinion on the Tactical Solutioins Pac-Lite barrel for use on a Ruger Mark II or III?  I was thinking about using the 4.5" model with the threaded barrel with or without fluting.  Does it save a considerable amount of weight of of a Ruger Mark with a 5.5" bull barrel and still have a nice balance?   I like the Marks better than the 22/45s and think that that would be a good choice, but it seems that one might find a complete 22/45 Lite for not much more money.  I would like to sell a Glock conversion kit to get one of these.  

I have the 6” length with flutes on a Mark II and I am very happy with it. It is very accurate. As to which model, personal preference.  I prefer the longer sight radius and the look of the flutes. Even with the 6” barrel , you will definitely save a considerable amount of  weight, especially over a bull barrel. Unfortunately It is the serial numbered part of the gun and must go through an ffl.

20F362F8-A86F-43D9-8668-06DD381D8190.jpeg

That is very cool.  I would like to get the OD 4.5 threaded, fluted version with fiber optic sights and a  Rail and put some OD Hogue grips on a blued Mark II frame.  

Thanks. It has been awhile but they were very easy to deal with. Just a heads up, I did have to sight it in. Also my barrel fit the grip frame perfectly right of the box. I have heard sometimes a little fitting is required. Good luck.

I would like to get one that looks like this unless it was also fluted.  Maybe G10 OD grips instead of the rubber ones.  It would be nice if the Pac-Lite OD was more intense...  Suppose to have been OD, but maybe that is silver or grey in the photo.  i think I like it better than the Ruger 22/45 Lite with the polymer frame, even though it would be a little more heavy.  I might have to get rid of my Glock 22 conversion kit to get one.   Is it just as reliable as the stock bull barrel setup?

This is a Mark III.  I would probably get a Mark II like yours, instead, and might remove the rails and put an adjustable sight on the back with the fiber optic on the front.  Not quite as much of a tack driver as the one you have shown.  It would definitely need to be purchased with a pistol permit and wouldn't be logged in as "other" correct?

I like the OD with the Black.  Blue is my favorite color, though. Red, White, and Blue....  Maybe you should get some red grips!

Tac Lite.jpg