M1152

another 1911-22 quesiton

Looking to get a 1911-22LR. Currently looking at three candidates, the Walther/Colt , Sig, and AT GSG 1911-22 but leaning toward the Walther.  Apparently they have a few different versions but the one standout being the big bad jersey banned 12 round vs the 10 round. I'll save the jersey rant for another thread. Does anyone know if it’s the same gun only shipping with different capacity mag? Looking at the model numbers the 10 & 12 round are the same but the 10 round has the -->10 added to model number. The screen shot below is from Bud’s, have the love the fact the 10 round is $100 more than standard 12rd. Anyone have this one and know if mags are interchangeable. Thanks in advance

Don't know about the Walther but the Sig and the GSG are, or at least where, the same gun -- just different finishes 

I have a GSG put a few thousand rounds thru it and it functions just fine -- just keep it lubed and clean it every once in awhile

I’ve seen the GSG's mentioned here on the forum a few times so may give them another look but still liking the Walther/Colt at this point.  One YT video on the Sig noted the finish on the Sigs wear quickly, may have to explore that further to see if that's a user error or legit claim...

sig.JPG.bbe0688caaa2c48614b152f81b01705c.JPG

Fwiw, that Kimber compact conversion should work. They are designed to work with most other brands as well. You could call to find out.

I can respect wanting a whole separate gun though. The Browning 1911-22 looks cool.

I looked at a few reviews on the GSG and looks like they had some issues early on but judging from the comments here and other reviews those issues look like they were resolved so I'll give the GSG another look. The main reason I posted was to ask if anyone had knowledge on whether the 10 and 12 round WALTHER/ COLT 1911 were in fact the same gun minus the mag provided?  Thanks for all the replies and I will explore the GSG further.

I’m sure it’s the same gun between a 10 and12 mag capacity — just a different spot the the block in the mag

wouldnt make any sense for them to manufacture a completely different gun for just 2 extra rimfire  rounds

it appears Bud’s doesn’t have any love for ban states. In my original post the 10 round Walther/Colt is more expensive than the standard 12 round.  For those that recommend the GSG1911’s  it looks like Bud’s had done it again of the CA model. They marked up the price on the CA model which I assume is a non-threaded barrel for California.

My permit is in and have been doing a little reading on the GSG models based on the interest here on NJGF and best I could tell they look as good as the Walther/Colt so I guess the additional cost is for the Colt name.   Now for the dumb question of the day  ---->  Can NJ have threaded barrel pistols and if not what model GSG should I be looking at? Thanks in advance

I got rid of one of the first SIG 1911-22 a while back.  It functioned flawlessly and I liked it a lot, but I had some misgivings about its quality and long-term durability.  Not sure about their quality, now. Probably should have kept it.  

You may not want the reduced size, but I would check out a Browning.  It is kinda like a Commander-size at the range. 

I did take the forum’s recommendation on this one and went for the GSG. I ordered this back in May so after the extended permit wait time we finally were able to complete the transfer.  I will likely do the guide rod upgrade before the first trip to the range. Good call guys!

gsg.thumb.jpg.b07cbe703d6de1caff1179903dc465ac.jpg