Ray Ray

Ruger Wrangler, winner or flame out?

https://www.ruger.com/products/wrangler/models.html

At first I thought, why?  A 6 shot, single action revolver with fixed sights.

But after seeing the different finshes and then the MSRP I figured, damn why not?!?

• Agree 1

I have always wanted to get a Single Six or a Bearcat, but the prices have always discouraged me, especially for a gun that was only to be a trainer/range toy.

A few weeks ago I decided when my permits came in I would go with a Rough Rider, even though I hate the idea of a safety on a revolver.

I WILL buy this when it hits the streets. Ruger action and reliability for Heritage Rough Rider price. I don't really love the finishes, but I understand that is where corners had to be cut to meet the price point.

When people talk about .22LR Revolvers, I see the S&W 617 mentioned... but that's a $700+ revolver just to shoot .22LR.  

If it's $150 street price, I'm definitely game.  I could shoot CB Caps or CCI Quiet .22LR indoors without hearing pro potentially.

Maybe will push this video up first? 

The reason for this gun was that Heritage/Taurus was selling hundreds of thousands of these guys a year.... yet during testing Ruger found that most of them crap out after 5k rounds or so.  Far less with 22 wmr cylinder. 

Ruger said they will only keep this 22lr as anything bigger is unsafe. 

3 hours ago, Maksim said:

Should be about $150 steeet price. 

Was a great little gun and much better build quality than the heritage/Taurus ones. 

Was amazing to see all the seal/delta guys at the event go crazy over it. 

I think you're a little low here - more like $200.00 - $225.00 is realistic.........

• Agree 1
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, JT Custom Guns said:

I think you're a little low here - more like $200.00 - $225.00 is realistic.........

I am telling you what Ruger is expecting this to end up around. Straight from horses mouth. 

Is it worth $200 though? Yes. 

Once hype wears off will be under $200 and in the $175 range. 

People ill say it's not this it's not that it's not 100% accurate it's not the last word in trigger pull ... but they say that about ruger's little automatic.   And they sell a pile of em...

52 minutes ago, Maksim said:

I am telling you what Ruger is expecting this to end up around. Straight from horses mouth. 

Is it worth $200 though? Yes. 

Once hype wears off will be under $200 and in the $175 range. 

I can't speak for what Ruger told you, but Ruger posted an MSRP of $249.00 and based on what the distributors are setting dealer price at I don't think you'll see it at 175.00 (jmo)

The only on-line seller to have it posted for sale (As a Pre-Order) has it listed at $199.00, so I expect Buds & KGC, ect. to fall in that line......

52 minutes ago, JT Custom Guns said:

I can't speak for what Ruger told you, but Ruger posted an MSRP of $249.00 and based on what the distributors are setting dealer price at I don't think you'll see it at 175.00 (jmo)

The only on-line seller to have it posted for sale (As a Pre-Order) has it listed at $199.00, so I expect Buds & KGC, ect. to fall in that line......

So it is quite possible... the folks I spoke with are the product managers and PR folks.  They have also seen massive appeal for the gun and know, it will sell very very quickly.  The Heritage arms is around $150 and that is precisely the price point that Ruger wanted to target...  

Distributors will absolutely get $200 for it and folks right now would easily spend $250 for it...

I am focusing on the past hype rush, so looking 8 months down the road... they are targeting it as a sub $200 gun and it was manufactured for that price point and they can still make money there.

Heck, even at full MSRP it is a really good value and the build quality.  I shot a few hundred rounds through it and was quite impressed and everyone was happy with the finish on the gun.

Just like the LCP and other ruger products... we all know perfectly well that the EFFECTIVE price will be under $200 once you factor in the buy 5 get 1 free deals and all.

Considering a Single 6 (now 10) is $699, and a Bearcat is $639 (MSRP); as long as this thing looks decent and shoots decent, it's going to be a home run...

They need to follow it up with a renegade convertible in .38 special/9mm...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

So it's a 22 that you use and abuse and leave it dirty and loaded in a holster or backpack.

aha

2 hours ago, W2MC said:

Considering a Single 6 (now 10) is $699, and a Bearcat is $639 (MSRP); as long as this thing looks decent and shoots decent, it's going to be a home run...

They need to follow it up with a renegade convertible in .38 special/9mm...

Won't be THIS gun with a convertible cylinder as 22lr is the safe limit.

BUT... this gun in 38/9mm... cool idea.  I suggest you use the "tell the ceo" feature on ruger's site and suggest it. 

This might be the perfect kit gun.  I wanted to get a Ruger LCRx, but this might be a good buy, instead.  What is Ruger's warranty on this?     I wonder if it will take the Single Six grips...  30 oz is a little on the heavy side, though.

Maybe they can design a break top one, next.  

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

This might be the perfect kit gun.  I wanted to get a Ruger LCRx, but this might be a good buy, instead.  What is Ruger's warranty on this?     I wonder if it will take the Single Six grips...  30 oz is a little on the heavy side, though.

Maybe they can design a break top one, next.  

Probably the same warranty they've offered for years.  They say the difficulty in complying with laws of all the states makes them offer no warranty.  However, if it breaks, they'll fix it.

• Like 1

For less than 1/2 the price of a Single Six, though, it is a good deal.  Still, an older 3 screw Single Six that has not been modified is the ticket....   How do these compare to the Bearcat in price and quality?

Ok, dug up some footage with the gun.  Will be uploaded in about an hour... 5mbps upload here in Pennsyltucky. 

5 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

KYGunCo has them listed at $172.99 Cash price ($178.18 regular).

image.png.782bc9028b1e0536224b29b581b916af.png

Wow, that was quick! 

56 minutes ago, Maksim said:

Sorry... just noticed on the video there was a firearm that you were totally NOT supposed to see for another 10 months or so.

Will cut and update the wrangler footage soon. 

Tease 

21 hours ago, Maksim said:

aha

Won't be THIS gun with a convertible cylinder as 22lr is the safe limit.

BUT... this gun in 38/9mm... cool idea.  I suggest you use the "tell the ceo" feature on ruger's site and suggest it. 

The .357(.38)/9mm already exists as the Vaquero. They have a .45 Colt/.45ACP, too.