Ray Ray

Ruger Wrangler, winner or flame out?

I'm definitely getting one of these after they get the kinks worked out of the first run. It'll be under $200 I'm betting everywhere during the end of year holidays. Its a better heritage (better sights better everything) and the price is right. I hope they make a 6". Squirrels won't stand a chance.

7 hours ago, Vicious said:

The .357(.38)/9mm already exists as the Vaquero. They have a .45 Colt/.45ACP, too.

Overall finish is not going to be like Vaquero and 357 is probably a no go with alloy frame.

Standard SAAMI pressure 45 Long Colt is probably doable in alloy frame.  Some idiot will try running +P+ rhino rollers in a 45 LC Wrangler.  Ruger won't make it as they don't want exploding Wranglers.

5 minutes ago, GRIZ said:

Overall finish is not going to be like Vaquero and 357 is probably a no go with alloy frame.

Standard SAAMI pressure 45 Long Colt is probably doable in alloy frame.  Some idiot will try running +P+ rhino rollers in a 45 LC Wrangler.  Ruger won't make it as they don't want exploding Wranglers.

Correct.  And as per my conversations with Ruger, keep in mind I am not an engineer... but this gun, this frame will only be 22LR.

Heritage is avail in 22 wmr... and Ruger felt it was not durable enough and only a matter of time... as such, THIS revolver will be 22lr only.

4 hours ago, Sevenshot said:

I'm definitely getting one of these after they get the kinks worked out of the first run. It'll be under $200 I'm betting everywhere during the end of year holidays. Its a better heritage (better sights better everything) and the price is right. I hope they make a 6". Squirrels won't stand a chance.

Already is... and the samples I shot, there were zero malfunctions and we ran the heck out of those guns.

And of course the guns are under full warranty.

So don't hesitate to buy one especially if you have permits already.

Murphy just may make every handgun $50 to $100 more expensive really soon. 

• Like 1

Logistical question here.  If I pre-order one and then apply for my permits, do I run the risk of the permits coming in early, expiring and not getting delivery of the gun?  Just curious how to manage my permission slips here in the PRNJ.

Thanks!

10 minutes ago, jm1827 said:

Logistical question here.  If I pre-order one and then apply for my permits, do I run the risk of the permits coming in early, expiring and not getting delivery of the gun?  Just curious how to manage my permission slips here in the PRNJ.

Thanks!

Yes and no, permits are good for 90 days and you can extend them to 180 days total. As long as you don't see it taking any longer than that, you are fine.

2 hours ago, Vicious said:

Yes and no, permits are good for 90 days and you can extend them to 180 days total. As long as you don't see it taking any longer than that, you are fine.

Guns were being produced and being shipped out as far as I know. Should be avail immediately. These were production units.

14 hours ago, Maksim said:

Already is... and the samples I shot, there were zero malfunctions and we ran the heck out of those guns.

Murphy just may make every handgun $50 to $100 more expensive really soon. 

Good to hear. I'm in NC so guns cost what they cost.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sevenshot said:

Good to hear. I'm in NC so guns cost what they cost.

Funny that you mention that. Aren’t a few of the big gun stores in the Charlotte area fairly expensive? 

Iirc Hyatt Guns is one of the largest gun stores... not only in NC but in America.

9 hours ago, remixer said:

They will sell in NJ for that price point...  People might burn a permit on one if they cant figure out what they want or just dont want to lose a hard earned permit.

That's a great point!  It's cheap enough and a gun you can always find a use for.... Especially if pistol permits go up to $50 a pop.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2019 at 6:49 PM, Maksim said:

Funny that you mention that. Aren’t a few of the big gun stores in the Charlotte area fairly expensive? 

Iirc Hyatt Guns is one of the largest gun stores... not only in NC but in America.

I'm not often in the Charlotte area, but that county is rough for 2A. Tons of gun stores between Greensboro and Raleigh. My usual is a place in Southern Pines.

I know gun store prices in Fayetteville tend to be very high but transfer costs can be as low as $15. A lot of soldiers don't care about money. Once they get their hands on a gun they want, they will buy it then no matter the cost, especially if the gun store has a range on site. A lot of great service and a wealth of knowledge in many of these places. If I do a transfer I always at least buy a box of overpriced ammo after chatting a bit.

im not sure how I've never heard of Hyatt though. Will have to make the trip.

did Ruger make any mention of making Wranglers in other barrel lengths?

2 hours ago, Sevenshot said:

I'm not often in the Charlotte area, but that county is rough for 2A. Tons of gun stores between Greensboro and Raleigh. My usual is a place in Southern Pines.

I know gun store prices in Fayetteville tend to be very high but transfer costs can be as low as $15. A lot of soldiers don't care about money. Once they get their hands on a gun they want, they will buy it then no matter the cost, especially if the gun store has a range on site. A lot of great service and a wealth of knowledge in many of these places. If I do a transfer I always at least buy a box of overpriced ammo after chatting a bit.

im not sure how I've never heard of Hyatt though. Will have to make the trip.

did Ruger make any mention of making Wranglers in other barrel lengths?

No, they did not.  Just this gun in 3 flavors.   And definitely 22lr only.

There is A LOT of interest in the gun just based on searches... I think far above what anyone expected.  Will be interesting to see how it stabilizes past NRA show and the next few months.