Dommerc

Sig P226 Replacement Mags

Hi everyone, just bought a Sig P226 Legion and it comes with 15 round mags. In the market for 10 round mags, and was wondering if anyone had opinions on using Sig Mags or Mec Gear. Heard Sig mags can cause some issues and Mec are better. If anyone has experience in this area please let me know. 

Mec Gar all the way. They used to be the OE supplier to Sig. Here is where you'll find them for a good price and get good service...

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/sig-sauer-magazines-c-123/sig-sauer-p226-9mm-10-round-blued-finish-mecgar-mgp22610b-p-613.html

get shiny ones for a dollar more, if it matters.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Mec Gar often makes the mags for many manufacturers pistols, and often the difference is the stamp on the magazine.  IMO buy what you prefer and you will be fine.  I have both Sig marked and MecGar marked mags for my 226 and all run the same - perfectly fine.

Just don't get ProMags, no one other than me has apparently ever had any luck with them ever, though I only had two.

I have Mec Gar mags for my P226 - they run perfect.

On sale right now at MidwayUSA - $20.69 ea and free shipping on orders over $49 with code FSC

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1371438634/mec-gar-magazine-sig-sauer-p226-9mm-luger-10-round-steel

20 minutes ago, PeteF said:

As others have stated, no reason not to get the Mec Gars.  They are not pricey (last time I purchased some they were 19.99 from Cdnn), and run flawlessly.  What more can you ask for.

CDNN only has Sig OEM for pretty pricey ($33 ea)

I switched to 10 round magazines for my SigP226.  I agree about buying the Mecgars. 

I bought two: one was OEM Sig and the other a Mecgar. The Sig gives me problems. It is hard as heck  to load into the pistol. It requires a excessive amount of force.  The Mecgar however goes in like a charm. I suggest buying the Mecgar not for price but because they function better.