Zeus2112

NICS “delayed”

So, I purchased my first hand gun online, had it sent to an FFL here in NJ. The NICS just came back “delayed”. I had a similar issue while waiting on the background check to come in for my FID card. 

I know now exactly what the issue is. 30 years ago, while in college I had an arrest, NO conviction, for something that sounds far worse than it really is. Again, never convicted and no charges just the arrest. 

I’m hoping that since they have me the card that the NICS will eventually come back as “approved “? 

Any insight would be great 

2 minutes ago, Zeus2112 said:

So, I purchased my first hand gun online, had it sent to an FFL here in NJ. The NICS just came back “delayed”. I had a similar issue while waiting on the background check to come in for my FID card. 

I know now exactly what the issue is. 30 years ago, while in college I had an arrest, NO conviction, for something that sounds far worse than it really is. Again, never convicted and no charges just the arrest. 

I’m hoping that since they have me the card that the NICS will eventually come back as “approved “? 

Any insight would be great 

Are you sure it’s not backed up as usual?

Yeah was meaning to update.

Yesterday I was finally "approved"...but not before having to call the NJSP and sending through some documents that may or may not have helped with getting this outcome. Seems that this will be the case for every purchase moving forward, for me...

5 hours ago, SJG said:

what docs?

its a very long story...I had some docs from the court and state of AZ, where in "incident" happened. Not sure if these helped or if NICS NJ just called AZ and were told that "all is well" and that there was never any conviction only an arrest. regardless, I now have the Beretta :)