Sniper

Rutgers, Preventing Gun Violence in NJ

Did anyone notice this?

Rutgers is getting in on the Anti-2A bandwagon, hosting a seminar where our awesome Gov. Murphy will be the keynote speaker. It's going on Tuesday , April 23rd. They're increasing the brainwashing of students even more.  Liberal indoctrination at it's best of a captive audience.

.... This event will introduce the Center on Gun Violence Research to the public, and allow for a broad audience to engage in a conversation about the future of gun violence prevention in NJ and throughout the country. It will begin with a keynote from Governor Phil Murphy followed by a talk from Dr. Stephanie Bonne who will present the state of affairs of gun violence in NJ. "

https://gunviolenceresearchcenter.rutgers.edu/preventing-gun-violence-in-nj/

And here's the newly formed leaders:

Stephanie Bonne, an assistant professor of trauma and critical care surgery at Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, has become one of the nation’s leading voices on taking a public health approach to prevent gun violence.

Her experience at University Hospital drove Bonne to take the lead last year on New Jersey Medical School’s winning application when Gov. Phil Murphy announced that the state was taking proposals to create a $2-million center for gun violence research, a role that has helped put her in the national spotlight. Bonne will be a keynote speaker at the inaugural conference of the New Jersey Center on Gun Violence Research on April 23.

https://news.rutgers.edu/preventing-gun-violence-new-jersey/20190418#.XL5uJy-ZO7A

She sounds anti-gun.  Evidently only she and the coroner  know the difference between an AR and a handgun (see below from article).  Def sounds like an overly self important lib.

I hope somebidy from this group can go and mention that Carol Bowne knew the difference.  But her Police Dept dragged their feet approving her FID and pistol permit despite her inquiries of why the delay.  Her violent ex-felon boyfriend then murdered her despite the restraining order.

"When an NRA representative tweeted that “someone should tell self-important anti-gun doctors to stay in their lane,” Bonne was among the first to post bloody operating-room photos of gunshot-wound surgeries and comments at #ThisIsOurLane.

“The NRA’s response was jarring and offensive because it said that doctors like me have no seat at the table,” she says. “Only two people know the difference between an AR-15 and a handgun wound – me and the coroner.”

it pains me, to see the amount of ignorance and patting themselves on the back while giving up our rights that these kids support. No one standing up and calling out the stupidity of infringing on our rights in the name of safety. It rips at the fabric of our core to see people so willing to give up liberty for percieved security. Yes it is cliche, but it holds true all the same. When I think of the amount of self sacrifice to preserve our constitution and to see people who never made such sacrifices be the first ones to say "I dont need these rights, go ahead, take it", it is beyond pathetic.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Maksim said:

Would be interesting to attend to see if this will be anti violence or anti 2a.

It would also be interesting to see if they invite anyone on the Pro 2A side, to give an opposing point of view to theirs. Or, will this turn into another one of Murphy's closed 2A bash session.

2 hours ago, gleninjersey said:

"When an NRA representative tweeted that “someone should tell self-important anti-gun doctors to stay in their lane,” Bonne was among the first to post bloody operating-room photos of gunshot-wound surgeries and comments at #ThisIsOurLane.

What I found interesting is her point of view on this violence, and that she sees so many gunshot victims, so she thinks it's an epidemic. Well, duh... you practice at University Hospital in Newark, what did you think you would see in the city of Cory Booker? If she doesn't want to see all these gunshot cases, move away from the hospital in the 'hood.

Just now, Sniper said:

It would also be interesting to see if they invite anyone on the Pro 2A side, to give an opposing point of view to theirs. Or, will this turn into another one of Murphy's closed 2A bash session.

What I found interesting is her point of view on this violence, and that she sees so many gunshot victims, so she thinks it's an epidemic. Well, duh... you practice at University Hospital in Newark, what did you think you would see in the city of Cory Booker? If she doesn't want to see all these gunshot cases, move away from the hospital in the 'hood.

On your first point, my money is on the latter.

On your second, I wonder how many of those wounds she treats are from legally owned guns?

2 hours ago, Old Glock guy said:

On your first point, my money is on the latter.

On your second, I wonder how many of those wounds she treats are from legally owned guns?

She sees both sides.   Shittum gets shot in home break in.  Saving 4 family members from being harmed, but Dr. Superiorthanthou still gets to operate on shittum.  Therefore "guns bad".

Shittum shoots person while performing a car jacking.  Dr operates on true victim.  "Guns bad".  

She never sees the saved family to offset her world view.

Should ask what she thinks of the armed guards/police protecting her ass at the hospital.

"Gov. Phil Murphy announced that the state was taking proposals to create a $2-million center for gun violence research"

Like this state has the extra money for this type of crap.  What a bunch of idiots running this state.

Never cared for Rutgers much or their political policies...face it, it's over for this state,  just checkout the amount of good folks who are leaving weekly...it would astound most and are being replaced by the worst.....just speak with any reputable realtor, it's like the place is on fire and their runnin' for their lives.....omo.

I have to take recertification/continuing education trainings for my job through Rutgers university behavioral health.  Two of the last three trainings had speakers that could not help themselves when it came to inappropriately expressing anti-gun opinions.  And one was about "Gang culture," but the speaker was not against gang culture!

They had one this season called home grown terrorism and mental health screening.  I guess there is a chance for objectivity, but I find that chance to be even smaller if not nonexistant in New Jersey.