Bringit99

Old Winchester Pump Info Request

So, I inherited it and trying to clarify what it exactly is. Barrel marked ".22 short, long or long rifle". Also " -MOD 06-"   The serial number (receiver and behind trigger) is 22,XXX suggesting first year of production 1906. However, all info I've found says 1st year production was .22 short only. Also, there are patent dates including May 30, 1911 on barrel. So is this simply a replacement barrel or could it be a model 6 barrel on a different model receiver? What say you?

This belonged to my grandfather. He was a farmer and used it to dispose of groundhogs and occasionally put down a beef steer. Not sure that its ever been cleaned. I was excited to see how it shot but unfortunately half way down the barrel it has a bulge and a crack. So unless I can find a replacement, its gonna be a wall hanger.

IMG_20190423_183400.jpg

IMG_20190422_210615.jpg

IMG_20190423_183605.jpg

Sorry... not browsing the forum as much since I’m down in Georgia for training.

You might be able to get a barrel off eBay, but if it was never cleaned, you are going to have a tough time with the magazine tube and rings. Ask me how I know...

YouTube has a few disassembly videos, but to pull the barrel apart, you sort of need to get the forend off. That means that tube must go.

If you jump on RimfireCentral, go into the Winchester section. You’ll find two threads created around the same time as the one I did about my 62 on here. Good amount of info in there for removing a stuck tube/rings. If you decide to try it, read those.