Lambo2936

Good place for Consignments in CNJ/SNJ LOCATED, Thanks!

So many of you on Mewe have probably seen that i've had a good bit of stuff for sale. I Separated from my Ex about a month and change ago (we have two kids, which is of course relevant) and she's been making all sorts of threats since, including literally saying to my face that she was going after my guns. My concern is obviously these new Red Flag Laws, since it doesn't take much for them to be used against me. Sold a few things, looking to just put the rest up for consignment and get them out of my hands. Any suggestions on a good, fair FFL that will take them in and can get me top dollar? Going to just repurchase whatever i want when all of this BS blows over. To be clear, its just a couple long guns and hand guns, not a whole collection or anything. Not looking to go crazy North, though i do have to go to Newark at some point. Looking to get it done Tomorrow, so lmk where you guys recommend.

Found an FFL, Thanks for the help fellas.

48 minutes ago, Lambo2936 said:

WTS here sucks to be honest. Contemplated gunsitters, but idk how long this shit might take to clear up. She could keep playing games for a year..

Considering you bought plenty of stuff here I don't see it sucking.

As long as it is fairly good firearms and priced well or not to your hopes and dreams, it will sell rather quickly.  

In either case to answer your question....

Why not contact the FFLs with whom you have already done business?  

If I was in your position there are at least 3 vendors here who I know would do a really good job.

The issue is, you have to decide what you want to do and need.

1. Do you need them out of your name legally for ATF or actually out of your name where you give up ownership?

If you just want them out of the house, a place like gun babysitters or putting on consignment will work... BUT YOU STILL LEGALLY own the guns... and as such, if your partner is going to sue you for them..., they can track them down and she will still have rights to them.

2.  If you need to get rid of them legally and get cash...  either list them here at a VERY good price or ask for best offer and they will be gone in 48 hours or less or take them to an FFL who will make you an offer and generally that will be 50% of retail... 

Become premier, list them here, if good guns will go quick and plenty are looking.  Can help push it out via email too. 

• Agree 2

A consignment agreement would take them out of the OP's possession and prevent him from acquiring them without a background check, which "should" prevent seizure from a PD if things go bad. He wod still be the owner.

• Agree 1

^Precisely PK90. We aren't married so she can't sue me for ownership, concern is seizure if she files a police report for some bogus reason as she has threatened to do, and for visitation rights when i go to court for that in the coming weeks ("Its not safe there, he has guns"). I'll repurchase whatever the hell i want when things settle down. The peace of mind is worth the loss on the firearms. My attorney said just get rid of everything for now. It is what it is, i won't lose sleep over that. Only had a few long guns and hand guns. Im sure the look on her face will be great when she brings up firearms in the house and i tell her i don't own guns... She's been holding it over my head for a while, now i've got nutin' to lose.
I've purchased plenty on here over the years, but had much better luck selling on Mewe and Armslist. Not trashing the site, just an observation in my case. Anyhow, its done with, lol. Thanks for the help fellers.

Ammo is pretty much all gone, actually. A bit left to sell off, but i sold the vast majority of my ammo throughout the last Month.
Already done with the firearms fellas, thanks though. A mod could lock this if they so please.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Maksim said:

Glad you were able to solve this.

Will keep this open as it is a great discussion of options and I am sure many others may find themselves in similar position. 

Yup. Any of us could. And all of this could lead to not being able to buy guns later on. Therefore I think if I found myself in that position I would consider the gun sitter option. If possible I would secure all paperwork with my attorney. The plan there would be it would then cause for him to be involved for the gun withdrawal. Giving up the guns now vs trying to get new after a sticky mess are, in my opinion, two different animals that may have two totally different out comes. 

Options: 1 Sell the stuff

2. Form a corp (you don't need an atty to do this)

Have the corp rent a storage locker/garage month to month

Put your stuff in it

3. Consignment: But----While a consignment is one solution, the consignee only acquires possession and not legal title and for handguns, I think you need a PtoP to reacquire if it doesn't sell

4. Gunsitters: I have not seen their contract so not sure if it creates a bailment, escrow agreement etc.

5. Get them out of State

6. Interesting question: An attorney holds a clients property in trust for the client--possession but not title not sure if an attorney can hold a firearms in trust--would need to check this out. Would require a willing gun friendly attorney

• Informative 1

28 minutes ago, SJG said:

Interesting question: An attorney holds a clients property in trust for the client--possession but not title not sure if an attorney can hold a firearms in trust--would need to check this out. Would require a willing gun friendly attorney

Indeed. If the attorney would hold paperwork then “they” would have to be totally justified in their request. They wouldn’t get away without legal and justifiable search and seizure. I would think it doesn’t even need to be the same attorney. 

Savage Cerakote takes 10%, as does Legend (Ira). IDK what Steve takes but he's normally my dude, just was in a rush so i made some calls. Guy at Savage seemed cool. I sold him the handguns outright, don't really care about the money. I Kept my VP9LE and MP15-22 in Pumpkin Spice Latte (Some kinda pumpkin camo finish) but as per Attorney, going to sell that too.

• Like 1

What guns did you sell?  

VP9Le threaded by any chance?  That should sell here very quick.

Hope your situation works out. 

And just an FYI for those that want an FFL out of state, @FreedomSportsLLC.  Yes, in PA... but quite close to the border.

I don't believe it was threaded, just a standard VP9LE with 4 mags.
There's a Ruger Precision in 308. Daniel Defense DDM4V5LW, Bushmaster varminter, X95, and 1 or 2 others i forget. He also took in my G19 Gen4, Sig 226 legion, and the VP9. Sold them to him outright though.