mustang69

You know you're buying too many guns when...

Ok, I found this pretty funny, though I'm easily amused. A bit of a story...

Most of you know I moved to New Hampshire.  I made the escape last year and have commented a bit on just how different the gun culture is in NH from NJ.  I worked my way into a local LGS that now I get a call from him whenever something gets traded in that he thinks I'll like, and his prices are great - I've posted some of my finds.  NH is a low-population state.  The entire state has about the same population as a combined Essex and Hudson county.  Most folks that I've met have guns.  They are nothing special up here except for maybe some of the MA transplants since I live close to the MA border.

Anyway, the NICS check in NH is interesting - call it NhICS.  Basically, the store makes a phone call to the state, someone physically answers, takes the information and does the check.  The store gets a call back, usually in about 5 minutes, with the approval.  Last time when I bought I got a "pending".  That's when I learned I'm forever cursed with a link to NJ.  Seems like NhICS makes a phone call to your state of birth.  Damn.

Anyway, to the original question in the thread.  I was in today and bought another "find".  He called in NhICS and as soon as he gave the woman my name, her first question was "Him again?  What's he buying this time?".  I damn near spit my drink on the counter.  So, You know you're buying too many guns when the woman doing the NhICS check over the phone knows you by name.

My score today was a Kimber Eclipse Target II.  For $650.

I love this state :)

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Old Glock guy said:

That's a great story.  So folksy!

You run into Fishnut up there at all?  He moved up there too, and from what I've heard, he's loving it up there as well. 

Not yet, I'm way north of @mustang69 but definitely loving it here in NH! It was 1 year ago this week I closed on my house