Sniper

Florida lawmakers pass bill allowing more armed teachers

Looks like Florida is moving forward with allowing teachers to CCW and protect the kids, after the LEO's on scene at Parkland refused to do their job. Of course, the Democrats don't support it... Surprised??

...."The Republican-led House voted 65-47 on Wednesday to send the bill to GOP Gov. Ron DeSantis, who is expected to sign it. The measure expands an existing school "guardian" program to allow any teacher to volunteer to carry a weapon if their local school district approves.

"It allows the good guys to stop the bad. The bad guys will never know when the good guys are there to shoot back," said Republican Rep. Chuck Brannan of Lake City, a retired law enforcement officer. "The guardian is the last line of defense. He or she will be there when a police officer is not."

Teachers who want to carry guns in districts that choose to join the program would have to undergo police-style training, psychiatric evaluation and drug screening. Under a law passed last year immediately after the Parkland shooting, only teachers who also have another role, such as sports coach, are eligible to carry weapons on campus.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/nation-world/article229905954.html

Think there is less to this than meets the eye.  My understanding is this only allows individual school districts to implement such, it does not force them to.  Thus it is up to each district to now approve this.  It's a baby step, but I guess it is a start.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Howard said:

Think there is less to this than meets the eye.  My understanding is this only allows individual school districts to implement such, it does not force them to.  Thus it is up to each district to now approve this.  It's a baby step, but I guess it is a start.

I know Lee county school board voted NOT to arm the teachers.   

https://news.yahoo.com/lee-county-school-board-members-140652159.html;_ylt=AwrJ7FndGMtcpjoAijdpCWVH;_ylu=X3oDMTByOHZyb21tBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--

It is claimed that a police officer's gun "accidentally" discharged while holstered in a school cafeteria in Florida.  A lot seems wrong in this... The timing?  Going off on its own, etc.?  There seems to be more to this story.  

FLORIDA POLICE OFFICER’S GUN DISCHARGES IN SCHOOL CAFETERIA AS STUDENTS QUEUE FOR LUNCH, INVESTIGATION LAUNCHED

And of course the media with little facts or knowledge is quick to jump on this:

Pasco School Officer Gun Fired When Bumped - Troubled History... So, is there really a problem with the SIG 320?

On 5/3/2019 at 5:00 PM, Underdog said:

It is claimed that a police officer's gun "accidentally" discharged while holstered in a school cafeteria in Florida.  A lot seems wrong in this... The timing?  Going off on its own, etc.?  There seems to be more to this story.  

FLORIDA POLICE OFFICER’S GUN DISCHARGES IN SCHOOL CAFETERIA AS STUDENTS QUEUE FOR LUNCH, INVESTIGATION LAUNCHED

And of course the media with little facts or knowledge is quick to jump on this:

Pasco School Officer Gun Fired When Bumped - Troubled History... So, is there really a problem with the SIG 320?

It was a sig but I don’t buy it. If he had dropped it maybe but just fired?  No effing way.