Maksim

NJGF Invades Garden State Shooting Center 5/7/2019

Hello hello everyone!

So who wants to go shoot but is too cheap or broke after buying new guns?

One of the things I wanted to return to, in part due to being jelly of how well @67gtonut organized the RTSP shoot and @Krdshrk and @sota do the regular NJGF clay shoots at Clinton.... is doing regular community meetups like we did 10 years ago when the site was launched.

The goal is to eventually have a regular weekday, once a week at least, at a range throughout the state.  The first one I was able to hammer down is right where it all started, Brick Armory, Garden State Shooting Center.  Thanks to Tony @tj462nj and crew,  GSSC is going to host NJGF members the first Tuesday of every month.

Best of all, Garden State Shooting Center is offering some AMAZING discounts for NJGF Members!

$5 per person walk on!  $5 gun rentals!  Member pricing on ammo!  

Furthermore, if anyone joins GSSC, they get 2 months free membership!

Thank you Tony and GSSC. 

I will be there at the first one and try to attend monthly.  Will try to bring some new fun and exciting toys for folks to try (that are Jersey legit!)

Range is open until 10PM so let's plan for 7PM?

• Like 3

Too bad it’s a weekday.  I can’t make that.  Before I got banned on Arfcom we used to have a lot of shoots at ft dix also.  Those were fun.   Maybe we can plan one on a weekend.  

I’d like to come by. I’m a Union County resident so I’ve never been to Brick Armory / GSSC. I assume for this event all I’d need to do is fill out the typical newbie paperwork and that’s it?

I have 10rd Glock 19 mags that I can bring for you to use @Maksim. I’d love to try out your .380 EZ. I’ve been interested in it for some family members.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, anactivegrenade said:

I’d like to come by. I’m a Union County resident so I’ve never been to Brick Armory / GSSC. I assume for this event all I’d need to do is fill out the typical newbie paperwork and that’s it?

I have 10rd Glock 19 mags that I can bring for you to use @Maksim. I’d love to try out your .380 EZ. I’ve been interested in it for some family members.

Yep. 

Thanks for the mag offer. Should have some but bring just in case. No problem on the EZ, just bring or buy 380... quite low on it. Hehe, but it is a great gun. Great for new folks and experienced. 

3 hours ago, CPRPE said:

Wow.   Tuesday shoots back from the dead.  Met y’all there almost 10 years ago.  I will try my hardest to make this.  I miss these meetups.  Bunch of good dudes would always show up.  Paging Chad, Lunker and others...

Lunker is in NH, :)

25 minutes ago, CageFighter said:

I am going to try to make it.  Need to rent a pistol, since im @ the so jersey house and my good stuff up north.  :facepalm:

Keep in mind GSSC will not rent to a solo shooter unless that shooter also has a gun with them. I don't know if they will make an exception for the NJGF meet up.

12 minutes ago, dajonga said:

Keep in mind GSSC will not rent to a solo shooter unless that shooter also has a gun with them. I don't know if they will make an exception for the NJGF meet up.

I have a rifle there for waiting for some smith work count?  :laugh:  I may have to get some clarification from Tony.  :banghead:

18 hours ago, chris327 said:

Would be nice to get a regular meetup going in north jersey. 

Working on it.

5 hours ago, dajonga said:

I am assuming Alex will not have any issues and we will have plenty of guns for folks to try out. =)

5 hours ago, mjrfd99 said:

Hoping I can make it.

Packing for a free state trip

HAHAHa, I am doing the reverse... going through in my head what I have 10 round mags for. lol. 

I figure will be there around 6:30/7.  Will wear black NJGF t-Shirt or be the one talking to Tony or others.