Ouchthathurts

Is there a waiting period once I move back to NJ?

Is there any waiting period once I have NJ residency and driver's license before I can apply for the purchase card? I couldn't find any information that clearly answers that. I know the process takes forever unless you use an attorney (if anyone can recommend one that would be awesome) and I'd like to get it going asap.

2 minutes ago, Ouchthathurts said:

I was reading in the fid card thread that they can greatly speed up the process. One member reported a 3 week turn around. That was my sole motivation for it. 

Untrue...

Just apply at your Local PD no need for an attorney.

Time frame depends on the town.... Some towns are 2 weeks some are 9 months.

What town are you planning to move to?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ouchthathurts said:

Well thank you for stopping me from wasting money!

There is a thread on this forum someplace with time frames for different towns.    Check it out it will give you an idea of what to expect.

52 minutes ago, Ouchthathurts said:

I was reading in the fid card thread that they can greatly speed up the process. One member reported a 3 week turn around. That was my sole motivation for it. 

There is nothing an attorney can do to speed up the process.

You can call one if you're denied, or other midigating circumstances come up........

Like they said, the FID and pistol purchase permits can be filed for all at the same time.  There is a waiting period for purchasing multiple pistols.  If you get 3 pistol purchase permits, you can't buy all 3 in the same day.  You have to wait 30 days between each purchase.  I think there is a special exception for collectors but they also have a specific class of FFL licensing to identify their status as a collector.

7 minutes ago, Regular Guy said:

Like they said, the FID and pistol purchase permits can be filed for all at the same time.  There is a waiting period for purchasing multiple pistols.  If you get 3 pistol purchase permits, you can't buy all 3 in the same day.  You have to wait 30 days between each purchase.  I think there is a special exception for collectors but they also have a specific class of FFL licensing to identify their status as a collector.

There is no Waiting period for Purchasing.... The OGAM rule is for picking up not buying. You can buy 3 handguns the same day but will need to pick them up 30 days apart.  You can file for an exemption with the NJSP to obtain them all in a single day...

Take note.. Exemptions can take from 2 weeks to 2 months for approval.

"I think there is a special exception for collectors but they also have a specific class of FFL licensing to identify their status as a collector"

Where did you hear this?.... This is completely false. Anyone can file for an exemption they need no special Licensing.

• Informative 1