silverado427

Range 14 was closed today

1 hour ago, voyager9 said:

Don’t let these guys scare you. It’s not that bad. There are rules, but once you figure out the rhythm it works. 

don’t be the guy who walks out to 200 and marvels at their groups while everyone else has their red flag up. 

Hell, i'll one up 'that guy'! Im going to walk along the 200 yard berm and marvel at everyone else's groups too! :icon_e_biggrin:

7 hours ago, Sniper said:

Also, during ceasefire, after you set your targets, go sit on your tailgate of your truck and reload mags, until they call hot again. Just make sure you don't leave the mags or ammo on the bench...

When the range is hot, can i leave my table to retrieve more ammo and/or the loaded mags from the bed of my truck? Obviously leaving any firearms on the table and not bringing them to the truck.. Just retrieving ammo or swapping cased guns between truck and shooting bench?

Ron

32 minutes ago, eyeinstine said:

When the range is hot, can i leave my table to retrieve more ammo and/or the loaded mags from the bed of my truck? Obviously leaving any firearms on the table and not bringing them to the truck.. Just retrieving ammo or swapping cased guns between truck and shooting bench?

Ron

Yes

1 hour ago, eyeinstine said:

Yes, what we do is when the cease fire is called, and everyone goes to change their flag, we gather the empty mags and ammo boxes and bring them to the truck. We also leave the extra targets in the truck, and once the all clear is given, we take the targets and go swap them out. Then, come back to the truck and reload mags until the hot signal is given, and take the loaded mags back to the bench.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

So how did the noob like it?

If you are talking about eyeinstein, we didn't meet up.  I dunno if he made it there.   I suspect he may have been there though because tower nazi was being especially instructional today.

• Haha 1

There was a guy in  lane 16 who was teaching  three  deaf chinese  girls to shoot.  :deadhorse:

They were shooting at 25  water filled plastic bottles  , And the bottles had to be at  25 yard line.

The guy had the bottles set up at 15 yards. John the tower guy actually walked down to the lane to tell them after no one was listening.

1 minute ago, silverado427 said:

There was a guy in  lane 16 who was teaching  three  deaf chinese  girls to shoot.  :deadhorse:

They were shooting at 25  water filled plastic bottles  , And the bottles had to be at  25 yard line.

The guy had the bottles set up at 15 yards. John the tower guy actually walked down to the lane to tell them after no one was listening.

Ummm, how could they listen if they were deaf? Jus asking 

“can you hear the words coming outta my mouf?”

15 hours ago, silverado427 said:

:good:  Nice to meet you. 

IMG_2441.jpg

Well hell, you were 5 lanes over and didnt even say hello! <_<  :p

I was on lane 19 from first live fire and there for about 2 hours. Good time and beautiful day out!

12 hours ago, Zeke said:

@eyeinstine how was your experience?

It was good!! i was in lane 19.. And as you may recall, you never once heard the tower yell at me! :icon_lol:

It really was pretty simple common sense. Just paid attention to what orders the speaker guy ranting and thats about it.

I signted 'officially' sighted in 4 guns.. Realized the piece of shit Amazon reflex red dot scope i put on the hi-point 45 is a piece of shit.. Probably wont be able to hit the broad side of a barn at 50 yards with it..

My T/C impact with the included T/C scope sighted in nicely at 100 yards. I'll now feel confident in the woods that i could hit the deer; as long as i have a nice place to sit, and a compfortable pillow to to rest the barrel on. :D

My inherited (dad's) Marlin/glenfield 60 sighted in beautifully at 75 yards withe the Barska scope i just put on it.

And finally, my mint Marling Golden 39M sighted in with the horrible scope that was on it when i bought the gun used 25+ years ago. Its one of those rinky dink little tasco 3-9 with the lenses the size of a penny and the tube the size of dime.. It sighted in fine, just horrible optics. Going to put a Barska on it like i did on the model 60.

All in all, good day. Got the newbie jitters out for range time.. I'll be back soon and hopefully often. The traffic and drive time may influence that. :taunt:     Maybe next time we can all introduce and say hello; put some faces with the names...

Ron

14 hours ago, silverado427 said:

Im almost certain he was deaf too. At the start the tower was repeating to move his bottles out to the 25 yard line. He had no idea those insturctions were for him.. 

Later on, one of the roving RO's then stopped to tell him to move the stuff back further but the guy didnt acklowedge, or i assume hear him. The RO ended up moving the stuff back for him, and the gentleman in the lane 17 went over and drew 25 and an arrow in the sand to explain to the guy what was going on. Then even later on, everyone had their red flags back out after the cease fire except the hearing impaired shooters. RO kept calling over anbd over for all flags to be changed if you are done. Finally i got the guys attention in lane 16 when he looked over my way. I pointed to my red flag and then he changed his and gave me a thumbs up..   Also, during a called cease fire,but before anyone was allowed down range, the guy went back to the table, rechamcered a round, and sat at the table; all the while tower is repeating a cease fire, off the concrete..  So im pretty sure the whole group was deaf.

1 minute ago, eyeinstine said:

Im almost certain he was deaf too. At the start the tower was repeating to move his bottles out to the 25 yard line. He had no idea those insturctions were for him.. 

Later on, one of the roving RO's then stopped to tell him to move the stuff back further but the guy didnt acklowedge, or i assume hear him. The RO ended up moving the stuff back for him, and the gentleman in the lane 17 went over and drew 25 and an arrow in the sand to explain to the guy what was going on. Then even later on, everyone had their red flags back out after the cease fire except the hearing impaired shooters. RO kept calling over anbd over for all flags to be changed if you are done. Finally i got the guys attention in lane 16 when he looked over my way. I pointed to my red flag and then he changed his and gave me a thumbs up..   Also, during a called cease fire,but before anyone was allowed down range, the guy went back to the table, rechamcered a round, and sat at the table; all the while tower is repeating a cease fire, off the concrete..  So im pretty sure the whole group was deaf.

That's crazy

8 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

24.  You weren't far from us so you should have been able to hear Zeke torturing me with that ridiculous muzzle brake.

damn, did i smell bad??? I put deoderant on that morning.... :icon_lol:     You guys were 5 lanes to my right, and Silverado427 was 5 lanes to my left..and i got to put no faces to names around here..  maybe next time!

7 minutes ago, eyeinstine said:

damn, did i smell bad??? I put deoderant on that morning.... :icon_lol:     You guys were 5 lanes to my right, and Silverado427 was 5 lanes to my left..and i got to put no faces to names around here..  maybe next time!

Ya. Coordination is not @Scorpio64 strength. 

5 hours ago, silverado427 said:

I might be going to R 14 tomorrow if the weather holds out.

looks like you'll be dry, just a wee bit cooler! high of 42.. gonna seem like an artic blast after these two 60+ degree days we had!