silverado427

Range 14 was closed today

1 hour ago, silverado427 said:

Has anyone renewed their membership since the range has opened.

I think you have to do it on the R-14 website now.

https://87fss.com/web31/wbwsc/webtrac.wsc/splash.html

Not really sure, I have not renewed yet this year, but the details should be on the R-14 website, or the FB page.

3 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

I think you have to do it on the R-14 website now.

https://87fss.com/web31/wbwsc/webtrac.wsc/splash.html

I just popped on there, are they nuts? You have to commit to a 2 hour block of time, and there's only two time slots during the 2 days of the week (Wed and Fri): 2-4 and 5-7. You have to show up one hour early of your reservation to check in..

On Sat and Sun, there's two time slots, 9-11 and 12:30 - 2:30.

Each time slot has a max of 16 reservations per slot, so once they hit 16, they're closed. Forget about showing up and waiting for the next open booth.

To renew membership, you also have to reserve that time slot, which are different than shooting slots...

What a C.F.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Sniper said:

But you have to drive over just for the special appointment to renew. Before, you just renewed when paying for range time.

New system to renew by appointment       Then you can pick your hours for shooting 

I've been going out Fridays 2pm session. Just get there 30 mins earlier then check in. They allow everyone to set up and put targets out. The range goes live at 2pm. 

Yes everything is addressed through a window. Credit Cards only! They have a table seperating you and the workers. 

I know the website indicates 16 slots but i know for sure it can be more than that. Last Friday i was on tabnle 24 and this was using their online booking system. There were two other tables after me so definitely not limited to 16 spots only. 

You also have to clean up your own brass which was news to me. Must have changed sometime last year. 

Yes you need to book your sessions via their website now. See details below. 

This was from their website so DO NOT create a new account.  The prob is you have no way to tie your membership to the account unless you email them and either they will call you back or address via email. They have to do this for you and tie your account to an email if you never provided one at the time you paid for membership. Once that's addressed you can book your sessions online. You cannot book more than one session for the same day. I tried. Rifle range at 2pm and Trap at 5pm. It would not allow two reservations under the same account. 

Range-14 If you ever had a membership before, bought anything at ODR or ITT, or have used any facility on base with a check in system. You have an account already.
It is important to not create a new account because your old one will have your membership regi
stered to it and you won't be able to use it with the new account. If you are unable to update the old account e-mail [email protected] and include your full name, e-mail address, and phone number. 

17 hours ago, My1stGlock said:

Yes you need to book your sessions via their website now. See details below. 

This was from their website so DO NOT create a new account.  The prob is you have no way to tie your membership to the account unless you email them and either they will call you back or address via email. They have to do this for you and tie your account to an email if you never provided one at the time you paid for membership.

Anyone with a current valid membership card already has an account set up.  Thus, the reason for not creating a new account, because that creates unnecessary extra work for the site administrator.  You already have an account, they just need to update it with an e-mail address and generate a password that will be e-mailed back to you.

Just today, I set up my account.  I sent an email with my name, address, phone, along with the member ID and expiration date on the card.  R14 responded in about 30 minutes with my logon information.  Very fast.

For those who have been a member in the past few years, but are not current, I got the impression they have created accounts for everyone on file, current or not.  Best thing to do if you want to get an account set up, e-mail them with name, contact info and they will do the rest.

e-mail [email protected] OR go to reservation website and click CONTACT in the upper right.

8 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

Anyone with a current valid membership card already has an account set up.  Thus, the reason for not creating a new account, because that creates unnecessary extra work for the site administrator.  You already have an account, they just need to update it with an e-mail address and generate a password that will be e-mailed back to you.

Just today, I set up my account.  I sent an email with my name, address, phone, along with the member ID and expiration date on the card.  R14 responded in about 30 minutes with my logon information.  Very fast.

For those who have been a member in the past few years, but are not current, I got the impression they have created accounts for everyone on file, current or not.  Best thing to do if you want to get an account set up, e-mail them with name, contact info and they will do the rest.

e-mail [email protected] OR go to reservation website and click CONTACT in the upper right.

Spot on.. i email them late last night and got a response this morning.. the response started off with thanking me for not creating  an account at the reservation page; as you said, it creates a lot more work for them.. So anyone else who has a MEMBERSHIP already at Range-14, just email them with your Name, email, and phone number. They will email you back with your log in infor and password.

I also inquired about the membership extension becuase of the covid shutdown. Checking out their facebook page, i read that all extensions had to be done by 9/30!  I did not see that posted originally when they first announced the extensions.. I was a bit ticked off about it, but didnt make a stink. They did give me an extension in their system, not the 3 months that i would have gotten, but they did give me some.. My membership card obviously still has my orginal experation date, so not sure how that will play out if i go during my extended time. I guess they can look in their computer system and see that i was extened in there despite my card not showing that....

I finally got to the range today.  I like the new set up . The weather was great.

I picked up some 7.62x39 154 gr soft points in Feb  I finally got to see how they performed.

I lined up   5 -  1 gal milk containers filled with water @ 25 yds .

The first two jugs exploded  the round passed thru the 3rd   jug and entered the  4th and stopped.

Shot some .223  7.62x39 and 12 gauge .

SAM_0563.jpg

SAM_0561.jpg

• Like 2

On 10/5/2020 at 9:43 PM, My1stGlock said:

I know the website indicates 16 slots but i know for sure it can be more than that

You may have overlooked the handicap lanes, which is another category with it's own reservation page.  Like the trap and pistol ranges, own reservation pages.

Also....

If you want to shoot rifle or pistol/rimfire in the morning, and shoot trap/skeet in the afternoon, you can.... probably.

Make your reservation for the morning activity, then email and ask if you can get an "override" for a same day  afternoon session on another range.  They will do it if they aren't booked.

On 10/9/2020 at 6:42 PM, Scorpio64 said:

You may have overlooked the handicap lanes, which is another category with it's own reservation page.  Like the trap and pistol ranges, own reservation pages.

Also....

If you want to shoot rifle or pistol/rimfire in the morning, and shoot trap/skeet in the afternoon, you can.... probably.

Make your reservation for the morning activity, then email and ask if you can get an "override" for a same day  afternoon session on another range.  They will do it if they aren't booked.

It seems like they only offer two lanes for handicapped shooting. I guess I have to ask them how it works if all 16 lanes are booked online. As I mentioned last time I was assigned table 24 so the math definitely doesn't add up if 16 regular rifle spots and 2 handicapped rifle spots. 

14 hours ago, silverado427 said:

Anyone going to the range on the  4th. The forecast is looking like a nice sunny day.

I will be heading out with a buddy on Wednesday. What should I be looking out for Silverado427?

22 hours ago, My1stGlock said:

It seems like they only offer two lanes for handicapped shooting. I guess I have to ask them how it works if all 16 lanes are booked online. As I mentioned last time I was assigned table 24 so the math definitely doesn't add up if 16 regular rifle spots and 2 handicapped rifle spots. 

I will be heading out with a buddy on Wednesday. What should I be looking out for  RED  Silverado  

get there a hour early , you pay then you go out and set up your targets.  Me I'll be in a older red silverado.

Say hello 

On 11/2/2020 at 11:22 PM, silverado427 said:

get there a hour early , you pay then you go out and set up your targets.  Me I'll be in a older red silverado.

Say hello 

Hey Silverado did you get a raincheck since you did't shoot today? I should have just left as well. They mentioned extending the time but that didn't even happen! Ended up being short changed! 

16 hours ago, My1stGlock said:

Hey Silverado did you get a raincheck since you did't shoot today? I should have just left as well. They mentioned extending the time but that didn't even happen! Ended up being short changed! 

Yes ! They gave me rain check good for two hours . I knew the minute I got all my gear put away the range would go hot.

Shit happens.  It was a nice day weather wise.

It was nice to meet you  Thanks for stopping by.  Andy

IMG_2720.JPG

1 hour ago, My1stGlock said:

how was the temps out there today? Brisk?

It was cold not freezing but I did have to put gloves on. The wind was whipping at times.

It started to drizzle as I was driving to the range , I was like " WTF "  but it stopped about 5 minutes later