silverado427

Range 14 was closed today

9 hours ago, silverado427 said:

Thanks I forgot about that.:deadhorse: 

No prob, didnt want to see you make a trip for nothing! But it sure would have been a great day to be there....  Some serious training going on at the base earlier today.. My house was a rockin'; they were blowing some big shit up and lotsa full auto pew pew pew.. music to my ears... I LOVE living so close to the base and ranges... :good:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, eyeinstine said:

No prob, didnt want to see you make a trip for nothing! But it sure would have been a great day to be there....  Some serious training going on at the base earlier today.. My house was a rockin'; they were blowing some big shit up and lotsa full auto pew pew pew.. music to my ears... I LOVE living so close to the base and ranges... :good:

How close are you to the bombing range? And wanna shoot clays?

59 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

I’m sure it will be mobbed though. 

If you get there by 11, you will eventually get a lane for as long as you want.  Most folks only take a lane for an hour, so even if you are second or third in line, you can still get a lane for two or three hours.

7 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

If you get there by 11, you will eventually get a lane for as long as you want.  Most folks only take a lane for an hour, so even if you are second or third in line, you can still get a lane for two or three hours.

Yeah, I know with patience I can eventually get a lane. Last time I made it up there late I had to wait an hour. Unfortunately with a hour drive on both ends any wait is a pita since my wife ends up with all the kids for 4-5 hours. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Zeke said:

How close are you to the bombing range? And wanna shoot clays?

Driving? im 6 miles from range 14...

I would def be up for shooting some clays! Id be a totally newb, other than a few hundred rounds shooting at clays launched from a hand thrower.. 

Whats your midweek schedule like? I am do to reward myself with a day off.. This Wednesday is looking warm and dry!

Ron

30 minutes ago, eyeinstine said:

I would def be up for shooting some clays! Id be a totally newb, other than a few hundred rounds shooting at clays launched from a hand thrower.. 

Whats your midweek schedule like? I am do to reward myself with a day off.. This Wednesday is looking warm and dry!

Ron

The bombing range. Not range 14

54 minutes ago, eyeinstine said:

Ron

Of course as soon as I say I’m going the kids turn into banshees and my plans go the way of the diaper genie.  New plan is first thing tomorrow morning. I don’t have anything for clays. Was going to do either rifle/pistol or just pistol depending on the wait at the two areas. 

I sometimes can get out midweek. Or used to.  Not so much recently. 

4 hours ago, Zeke said:

The bombing range. Not range 14

Well shit, i dunno! Not sure where they bomb at, but i suspect much deeper in the pines and probably more than one spot.. But close enough to rattle my windows sometimes..

Im in North Hanover, right by the intersection of Rt.528 and Rt.537.  Close to New Egypt border; right down the street from Hanover golf course...

5 minutes ago, eyeinstine said:

Well shit, i dunno! Not sure where they bomb at, but i suspect much deeper in the pines and probably more than one spot.. But close enough to rattle my windows sometimes..

Im in North Hanover, right by the intersection of Rt.528 and Rt.537.  Close to New Egypt border; right down the street from Hanover golf course...

Google..... stafford forge wma.

2 hours ago, voyager9 said:

Was at R14 this morning. Other than some wind it was a fantastic trip. Warm and no wait. Even when I left around 11 there were empty ports. 

No one saw you... I call you did not leave moms basement 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, voyager9 said:

Was at R14 this morning. Other than some wind it was a fantastic trip. Warm and no wait. Even when I left around 11 there were empty ports. 

4 of us did R14 this afternoon. With the 70* weather, I was really expecting a wait, but we got right on the pistol range. Took 2 new shooters and did not want to overwhelm them with the screaming ARs on the 200 yard range. Shot .22, .38sp and 9mm. A lovely day.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, voyager9 said:

Nice!   Wish i could have gotten there, but too much to take care of around the home front..