silverado427

Range 14 was closed today

Rifle range?

I do have a few i want to sight in...

my inherited 18rnd .22 Model 60

Marlin Golden 39M .22

High Point .45acp carbine

T/C Impact muzzleloader 

years ago i picked up a sporterized .303 Enfield SMLE with about 90 rounds of 1950's ammo.. Smooth action and cant see any reason not shoot it.. If the ammo still goes off, might be a good time to shoot it tomorrow...? Anyone going a fan or guru of old military rifles?

Ron

11 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Look for a Silverado?

After you find the Silverado;  I'll be in a metallic grey with black lower F250 crewcab..  Wave me down.. Will be my first time shooting there and the first time in 20 years shooting at a formal range.. All my shooting is in the back yard or behind the hunting club down the pines, so i could use some reassurance and guidance. Would hate to be the guy the range officer gets to yell at first thing in the day. :icon_lol: :icon_e_biggrin:

Whats everyone using for targets? I have some old campaign signs and plan to tape/staple paper targets to them. I hear this is a common and simple setup used there often?

Ron

1 minute ago, eyeinstine said:

After you find the Silverado;  I'll be in a metallic grey with black lower F250 crewcab..  Wave me down.. Will be my first time shooting there and the first time in 20 years shooting at a formal range.. All my shooting is in the back yard or behind the hunting club down the pines, so i could use some reassurance and guidance. Would hate to be the guy the range officer gets to yell at first thing in the day. :icon_lol: :icon_e_biggrin:

Whats everyone using for targets? I have some old campaign signs and plan to tape/staple paper targets to them. I hear this is a common and simple setup used there often?

Ron

Oh boy. This place is nazi central. Bring colored zip ties for chamber flags 

1 minute ago, Zeke said:

Oh boy. This place is nazi central. Bring colored zip ties for chamber flags 

Ill have to spend the big bucks and buy theirs.. lol    i only have black and maybe white zip ties in the home shop..

3 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Oh boy. This place is nazi central. 

ps.. so i guess i shouldnt rapid shoot the 18 rounds from the ol' semiauto model 60 .22.. you know, empty the whole tube in 6 seconds flat... i think i saw something in the rules about not doing that..  :rofl:

You can buy targets there  for $4.00 . I reuse my targets 

Just now, Scorpio64 said:

2-3 round "bursts" are allowed.  Mag dumps will get you a visit from the range nazi.  Actually, everyone there is pretty cool except for RSO Pvt Pyle.

You mean John.the tower guy

1 minute ago, silverado427 said:

You mean John.the tower guy

The heavy guy usually wears a boony type hat.  Sometimes he's in the tower, sometimes walking the firing line.

20 minutes ago, eyeinstine said:

Will be my first time shooting there

You will be on one of the first four lanes.  They put the noobs there so they don't have to walk as far to yell at them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

The heavy guy usually wears a boony type hat.  Sometimes he's in the tower, sometimes walking the firing line.

You will be on one of the first four lanes.  They put the noobs there so they don't have to walk as far to yell at them.

and DON'T kick the brass laying on the concrete pad when coming back from resetting targets... :dontknow:

9 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Well that'll suck if we're all split up.. Was hoping getting there early could keep us all grouped in consecutive lanes..?

i wont remind them im new there.. i can bullshit em' like an old pro...  :icon_lol:

3 minutes ago, Sniper said:

and DON'T kick the brass laying on the concrete pad when coming back from resetting targets... :dontknow:

well hell then, you guys scaring me enough i should just go to work instead!     i assume its appropraite to bend down and pick up my OWN brass as opposed to kicking it around first! :p

5 minutes ago, eyeinstine said:

i assume its appropraite to bend down and pick up my OWN brass

Pick up brass that lands over the red line during ceasefire, pick up brass on concrete during hot range.

Have whatever you need for downrange put aside BEFORE they call a ceasefire.  If you leave anything on the table or bench, you are boned if everyone has their green flags up.

• Informative 1

46 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Have whatever you need for downrange put aside BEFORE they call a ceasefire. If you leave anything on the table or bench, you are boned if everyone has their green flags up.

Also, during ceasefire, after you set your targets, go sit on your tailgate of your truck and reload mags, until they call hot again. Just make sure you don't leave the mags or ammo on the bench...

• Informative 1