Jump to content
silverado427

Range 14 was closed today

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, silverado427 said:

I was walking my dog this morning around 8 o'clock  saying to myself I'm glad I'm not shooting today.

if it aint raining its a good day. Who know what holds for the following Sunday. If it's a wash then that would be close to 3 weeks no shooting. Can't have that now. Prob will try to get out there on Friday 2pm session if you heading out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, silverado427 said:

I was walking my dog this morning around 8 o'clock  saying to myself I'm glad I'm not shooting today.

I shot an outdoor match this morning, snd yeah, the wind was interesting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AR 14.5 colt socom barreled upper,  I put a scope on it . For plinking I've been shooting Federal AE 55gr .223 

For some reason the ammo preforms very well at 150 yds.

I have a new scope to Zero on a 14.5 spikes tactical  mid length so I may go next week again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, silverado427 said:

i had a  shooting  appointment for wendsday

Wuss.  If I can go to work landscaping tomorrow, you can sit on your ass in the shade turning money into noise.  Besides...  more FPS.  Hot HoT HOOOOT!  Bring your chrono.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, silverado427 said:

i had a  shooting  appointment for wendsday  but it might be to hot for... me.the temp is suppose to be in the high 90s   is i cancelled    it

Have they lightened up on the Covid BS recently? Or, is is still all the reservation crap. I need to break in some new toys, it might be just easier to go to Shooters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sniper said:

Have they lightened up on the Covid BS recently? Or, is is still all the reservation crap. I need to break in some new toys, it might be just easier to go to Shooters.

 

The covid BS and online reservation crap is why i finally left R14 and joined CJRPC..   Shoulda joined years ago...  No comparison...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eyeinstine said:

The covid BS and online reservation crap is why i finally left R14 and joined CJRPC..   Shoulda joined years ago...  No comparison...

I haven't been back to R14 since they started that crap. Every time we wanted to go, it was, oh wait, I need a reservation... total PIA... I figured, by now, with everything opening back up, they would have dropped the BS, and went back to the old way..

Apparently not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

Wuss.  If I can go to work landscaping tomorrow, you can sit on your ass in the shade turning money into noise.  Besides...  more FPS.  Hot HoT HOOOOT!  Bring your chrono.

Today I think I'll lounge by the pool.  :hi:

I actually like the appointment scheduling  rather than just showing up.  but thats JMHO.

You need to wear a mask just when your paying, Thats the only BS  I have a issue with. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, CapGuns&SnapsKid said:

So basically they are still doing reservations after the mandate lift?!? yea, its time to move on to another range...I liked them for the price but the hours and restrictions are too much. 

They now offer 22 rifle spots but if you don't book by the 3rd day the spots will be all taken.

I ended up joining Cherry Ridge. For me its 45 mins to Range-14 for 2 hours of shooting versus 1:15 drive and 4- 5 hours of shooting. Also the $10 i save I can use for lunch! The only down side is $25/ for a guest but if they get to shoot for 4 hours its not that bad I guess.

On 6/25/2021 at 10:51 PM, silverado427 said:

AR 14.5 colt socom barreled upper,  I put a scope on it . For plinking I've been shooting Federal AE 55gr .223 

For some reason the ammo preforms very well at 150 yds.

I have a new scope to Zero on a 14.5 spikes tactical  mid length so I may go next week again.

Great groupings on that first bottle! What magnification u using? 1x -6x?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...