Pizza Bob

Dodged a Bullet

Well not literally, but seemed a good title for a thread on this forum.

About a month or so ago Hagerty, with whom my '90 Z51 Corvette is insured, contacted me and wanted to know if I'd like to see my car in a movie. The movie was about the 1990 era and they needed to recreate an auto dealership and stock it with cars of the period. I would have garnered a nominal fee. In the end I just decided that it wasn't worth the hassle.

Last night my son sent me a link to an article...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/a-collection-of-mint-1990s-chevrolets-burned-to-the-ground-on-a-film-set/ar-AABby03

Yes, that was it - and I'm sure the Corvettes were in the building.

Whew, that was a close one.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Wow, a 1990's Corvette and turd gen Fbodies are now "classics".  Getting too old for this shit... lol. =P

Bob, glad your vette survived.  Crazy.

Am sure insurance will pay out, and in most cases likely more than what those cars were worth. hehe.

Proud former owner of a 93 Z28... hard top, none of those leaking t-tops but the panel gaps were yuge... (Although Teslas' are not much better), rearward visibility was optional and the dashboard was made of cheaper material than toys.