Magpul MOE Enhanced Magazine release
Magpul MOE Grip
HBI THETA FORWARD Trigger 
Shooters Element Reduced Weight Trigger Spring Kit
HBI Thumb Safety Selectors
HBI Theta Extended Charging Handle

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

I want a set of those iron sights. Can’t find them anywhere.

By all accounts, they are a decent little carbine. I’d love to get my hands on one.

still trying to get used to this style of stock (brace).. 
the gun is SUPER compact.. like backpack with other things in it compact.. but cheek weld definitely took a minute to adjust to.. the sights are made really well... gun is BEGGING to be suppressed.. this might be the one that pushes me over the edge to buy a suppressor. 

I shot one suppressed a few weeks ago. It was more than awsome, I think want one as a backpack/truck gun. I've been going back and forth between the evo micro and the sig rattler. Whichever one I get will eventually get a suppressor as funds allow. 

1 minute ago, fishnut said:

I shot one suppressed a few weeks ago. It was more than awsome, I think want one as a backpack/truck gun. I've been going back and forth between the evo micro and the sig rattler. Whichever one I get will eventually get a suppressor as funds allow. 

I looked at both as well.. and not to take anything away from the Sig.. I am sure it is a great gun.. the Evo is really really made well from what I can tell... that is what I got.. the Micro.. 

1 hour ago, vladtepes said:

I looked at both as well.. and not to take anything away from the Sig.. I am sure it is a great gun.. the Evo is really really made well from what I can tell... that is what I got.. the Micro.. 

The only thing I dont like about the EVO is the mag release. I'm used to an AR style mage release. This would be a defensive gun for me so that's kinda a big deal. 

1 hour ago, fishnut said:

The only thing I dont like about the EVO is the mag release. I'm used to an AR style mage release. This would be a defensive gun for me so that's kinda a big deal. 

the mag release took a few to get used to.. but I think it will be OK for me.. 
this is also a backpack / vehicle gun for me.. 

1 hour ago, vladtepes said:

the mag release took a few to get used to.. but I think it will be OK for me.. 

I also have  a Scorpion, but in the NJ neutered version. It's definitely fun to shoot. I didn't have any issue with the mag release once you figure out where it is. I have a small issue with the lever of the safety on the right side digs into the web of my hand with my normal grip. I have to slide down the grip a little to prevent that.

3 hours ago, High Exposure said:

What MRO mount is that and do the irons co-witness through the optic?

it is a Trijicon low mount.... but I have a suspicion it is made by American Defense.. it is literally exactly the same as every AD mount I have ever used.. 

it does not co-witness.. to give you an idea it is almost lower 1/3 co-witness in that if you really really tried hard you could probably get enough of a site picture to take a shot but not in a practical sense.. 

2 hours ago, Sniper said:

I also have  a Scorpion, but in the NJ neutered version. It's definitely fun to shoot. I didn't have any issue with the mag release once you figure out where it is. I have a small issue with the lever of the safety on the right side digs into the web of my hand with my normal grip. I have to slide down the grip a little to prevent that.

I am replacing the following parts this week:

charging handle
trigger
trigger spring
mag release
safeties 

the design of the safeties is terrible IMO.. 

22 hours ago, vladtepes said:

Picked up a Scorpion Evo.. its not a rifle.. but its more like a rifle than a pistol.. and I may get a stamp for it.. so just stuck it here.. 

So far.. pretty awesome gun.. 

evo.png

Sweet! Is the difference between the Micro and EVO pistol just the barrel length?

9 hours ago, vladtepes said:

yes and it comes with the mlok handguard and pistol brace which I guess is pretty obvious.. 

Yep. I like that style of brace. Yeti Wurks makes grips that have a more vertical angle compared to the stock grip. Might want to check that out also. Cool gun!

I have the Evo rifle in Fl. I think the ergonomics and the trigger on the Scorpion sucks even with the HB spring kit modification and/or shoe modification. The ergonomics are not the best on the pistol grip or on the design of the safety levers. Fortunately, there are good aftermarket replacements. The standard CZ mags also suck, because the plastic feed lips break now there are lots of better aftermarket mag options--magpul, palmetto state armory etc.  Both of these type mags are far better than the CZ mags. However, what pisses me off is that you should not have to spend more money on top of the price to achieve a good trigger, better ergonomics and a decent quality mags. The sling attachment point on the rile did not accommodate a circular push in sling connector and only an HB type connector, so I added the aftermarket fix for that.  I am planning on doing the ShootingSight just released new  two stage trigger for the Scorpion.It is available as a parts kit or drop in assembly.  If the trigger on the micro is the same as on the rifle or basic pistol, it has to go.  I also think that both the Scorpion rifle, pistol and Evo are overpriced for what you get. The rifle is very accurate, so that is a big positive. All being said, inspite of the extra money I spent on it, I would not sell it. The recently released Gen 2 Palmetto State Armory AK-V pistol, which I keep in Fl  is in my opinion a much better option for about 1/3 less on the price.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SJG said:

I have the Evo rifle in Fl. I think the ergonomics and the trigger on the Scorpion sucks even with the HB spring kit modification and/or shoe modification. The ergonomics are not the best on the pistol grip or on the design of the safety levers. Fortunately, there are good aftermarket replacements. The standard CZ mags also suck, because the plastic feed lips break now there are lots of better aftermarket mag options--magpul, palmetto state armory etc.  Both of these type mags are far better than the CZ mags. However, what pisses me off is that you should not have to spend more money on top of the price to achieve a good trigger, better ergonomics and a decent quality mags. The sling attachment point on the rile did not accommodate a circular push in sling connector and only an HB type connector, so I added the aftermarket fix for that.  I am planning on doing the ShootingSight just released new trigger for the Scorpion. If the trigger on the micro is the same as on the rifle or basic pistol, it has to go.  I also think that both the Scorpion rifle, pistol and Evo are overpriced for what you get. The rifle is very accurate, so that is a big positive. All being said, inspite of the extra money I spent on it, I would not sell it. The recently released Gen 2 Palmetto State Armory AK-V pistol, which I keep in Fl  is in my opinion a much better option for about 1/3 less on the price.

I pretty much agree with most of that... but I simply wanted the smallest pseudo carbine I could put together that would fit in a backpack..

The grip trigger and safeties are a must change 

7 hours ago, Sniper said:

Who makes an alternative safety for it? That is definitely something it needs.

the problem is the safety levers on both sides, which suck. I believe HB sells replacements

9 hours ago, Sniper said:

Who makes an alternative safety for it? That is definitely something it needs.

There are several companies and styles.. you can pick something pretty similar just swept at a different angle.. you can use long forward facing bars.. and there is even a push button if that’s your thing.. I ordered ones that are similar just at a higher angle.. I think they were from HB.. but I forget I just ordered a bunch of stuff..

All the parts are installed.. about 45 minutes total.. the most annoying part was lining up the trigger spring and safety.. but no real issues.. all parts appear to be made well.. and the flat trigger is really nice.. 

New: 
Trigger 
Trigger Springs
Safeties 
Mag Release 
Charging Handle 
Grip 

I don't think I am going to get this gun coated.. I think I am just going to leave this one black.. so its pretty much done till I SBR or suppress.. there is a really strong chance I am going to get a suppressor for this.. I don't mind the fee but I HATE the wait.. its so annoying.. 

47 minutes ago, vladtepes said:

All the parts are installed.. about 45 minutes total.. the most annoying part was lining up the trigger spring and safety.. but no real issues.. all parts appear to be made well.. and the flat trigger is really nice.. 

New: 
Trigger 
Trigger Springs
Safeties 
Mag Release 
Charging Handle 
Grip 

I don't think I am going to get this gun coated.. I think I am just going to leave this one black.. so its pretty much done till I SBR or suppress.. there is a really strong chance I am going to get a suppressor for this.. I don't mind the fee but I HATE the wait.. its so annoying.. 

Who made all the parts you installed? Pics would be great too! 

On 5/17/2019 at 1:30 PM, fishnut said:

Who made all the parts you installed? Pics would be great too! 

evo1.png

Trijicon MRO
Surefire M300
Magpul sling
Magpul MOE Grip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Castro said:

Welp that’s sexy as fuck...

too bad bad I cannot SBR in NJ with my scorpion.... :angry:

92910888-B064-4355-8F5E-985D0DDB199D.jpeg

True but maybe someone will make a non-NFA NJ legal SBF version of the scorpion.  This option is in no way limited to AR type platforms.

11 minutes ago, Castro said:

Don’t you get my hopes up...

Lol.  Red planet arsenal in CT already makes a non-NFA version (CT and NJ are basically the same when it comes to non-NFA SBF) with a 12.5 inch barrel, foregrip and brace.  But it is hideously expensive when all is said and done, about 2K. 

https://www.redplanetarsenal.com/product-page/cz-scorpion

41 minutes ago, samtechlan said:

Lol.  Red planet arsenal in CT already makes a non-NFA version (CT and NJ are basically the same when it comes to non-NFA SBF) with a 12.5 inch barrel, foregrip and brace.  But it is hideously expensive when all is said and done, about 2K. 

https://www.redplanetarsenal.com/product-page/cz-scorpion

Why would you showwwww me this ughhhhhhh....

let me get get my wife really quick....

On 5/12/2019 at 3:03 PM, vladtepes said:

evo1.png

Trijicon MRO
Surefire M300
Magpul sling
Magpul MOE Grip

I just ordered one of these for Fl. Which thumb safety selectors did you order from HB? I see they have several and cannot decide?

Also, and just thinking ahead, in case the worst happens, is the brace removable. I can't tell from picts? If the brace was removed, what would the end of the pistol look like? Is the adapter metal or polymer and is it a flat surface?

Could a short sling be attached to the back and used to stablize the pistol?