JC_68Westy

New Build - Polymer 80 PF45 10mm

I recently completed a build of a Polymer 80 PF45 lower for my Gen2 G20.  I have a Gen 2 G20 and a Gen 2 G21.  I have always thought that the G20/G21 could have a better grip angle.  I just bought a Polymer 80 PF45 lower kit (with trigger) from Rockey Brass.  The build only took about 2hrs with some fitting.  The guns is way more comfortable with the P80 lower.  It shoots very well.  Found a buyer at my gun club for the Gen 2 lower, actually made money on the build.  I am now considering doing the same for my Gen 2 G21.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_105d.thumb.jpg.03c30f77c477ed7d45e839118908d7bc.jpg

8 hours ago, david8613 said:

That's awesome, I has 3rd gen. G20 but I remember that grip was huge and I have big hands. So the grip feels smaller with this kit? By the way I love 10mm!

The grip is way more comfortable than the original.  The grip angle is more 1911 as well.  I just received an order of 10mm ammo from Underwood.  Will try to get out this weekend to shoot it.

Finally took the Poly 80 G20 out this past weekend.  I shot 100rds of Underwood ammo though with zero issues (used Factory barrel (50rds) and 6" Storm Lake ported barrel (50rds). The Storm Lake barrel shot way better than the stock barrel. The grip texture and grip angle felt excellent.  It points like a 1911 now and still shoots 10mm way softer than a 10mm 1911.

It had been a long time since I shot the G20 (5 years or so) and I forgot how much less felt recoil there is compared to the all metal framed guns including the 1911 and S&W 610.  It is now going to be my hiking gun along with my G29. We hike a lot in Shenandoah Nat'l Park and have seen bears on hikes.

• Like 1

This is probably the perfect gun for this. 15 rounds of 10mm is some serious fire power! It definitely feels better to shoot then those all metal 10mm. the glock polymer really does help soak up that recoil. A compensator would probably make it even nicer to shoot!