remixer

President Trump Signs Bill to Fund State-Level Gun Range Expansion

Talk about Poking the left

President Trump signed legislation Friday to created broader access to funding for state-level gun range expansion and improvement.

The legislation is titled Target Practice and Marksmanship Training Support Act, but is known more simply as the Range Bill. It deals with Pittman-Robinson funds, which have been compounding from ammo and gun manufacturing excise tax revenues since 1937.

The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) Larry Keane notes that the Range Bill “give the states more flexibility in how they can use their Pittman Robertson allocation to pay for the construction of new ranges and expansion or improvements to existing ones.”

Keane summed up the overall benefits of the legislation:

Full story here.
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/05/13/president-trump-signs-bill-fund-state-level-gun-range-expansion/

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

This will have almost zero effect for NJ.  NJ still needs to kick in state money, and that will never happen.  Even if it does, the most we will get are improved existing shotgun and black powder ranges.  You can pretty much forget the state giving any of it's subjects a place to practice pistol or centerfire rifle shooting.

3 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

This will have almost zero effect for NJ.  NJ still needs to kick in state money, and that will never happen.  Even if it does, the most we will get are improved existing shotgun and black powder ranges.  You can pretty much forget the state giving any of it's subjects a place to practice pistol or centerfire rifle shooting.

I don't know, if we have enough hunters and shot gun guys asking for it.  We do have state game lands... and Democrats LOVE getting money from Federal Government... this has legs.

2 minutes ago, Maksim said:

if we have enough hunters and shot gun guys asking for it.

It should be handgun and AR-15 guys asking for public ranges, not Fudds.  This will be great for states like PA and KY where you can go shoot almost any firearm at public ranges, not so great for NJ, NY, CT.  There is only one range in NJ on federal land, and that's Ft Dix.  NJ has zero public places to shoot non Fudd guns.

39 minutes ago, Maksim said:

I don't know, if we have enough hunters and shot gun guys asking for it.  We do have state game lands... and Democrats LOVE getting money from Federal Government... this has legs.

If it weren’t for so many apathetic Fudds and Murphy’s agenda as well as his hatred for Trump I’d almost believe that.  

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

OK, I hate the bulk of his tweeting, but I must say, today I'm thinking: Orange Man Good! ;)

Welcome to transparency and communication.   As apposed to the last 8 years of secrecy and lies.

12 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

OK, I hate the bulk of his tweeting, but I must say, today I'm thinking: Orange Man Good! ;)

That's Racist.

12 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

Thats NJ's fault..

10 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Welcome to transparency and communication.   As apposed to the last 8 years of secrecy and lies.

While i think he someones steps on his own message when he twitter bombs i agree.... This is what transparency looks like.

He's communicating with his Supporters, adversaries, Heads of state all in the open for the world to see.
contrast that to past administrations who only addressed us with Scripted, Pre-tested talking points. This might be the first president that actually says exactly what he's thinking and directly communicating with his nation on a hourly basis.

12 hours ago, Maksim said:

Nah, no legs. They are the same people, (Fudds), that do not vote for anyone other than their age old demtards. They can care less. Hunting in NJ for the most part are Shotgun and Bow... Neither use ranges like we do. Only thing that would budge them is taking away their shotguns.

• Agree 1

Personally, I wasn't looking at this through a NJ lens. Yeah, some pathologically anti-2a states like NJ might block this, but OVERALL across the US, more (and/or larger) state-level ranges means more low-cost opportunities for people to shoot, and that means more new shooters as well - it's a shot in the arm for the shooting sports as far as I'm concerned as well as a boost for conservation efforts. Dare I say... winning?

• Agree 2