1LtCAP

Thin blue line

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

But everyone here ask yourselves a question:  Does the Blue Line flag symbolize everything good about this country, AND recognize the fallen who have died on the line for us?

To me, the flag means that either the owner is LEO or retired LEO.  Or someone is trying to get out of a ticket.  I am not a cop, so I would not fly it.

What I would fly?  Old Glory, a USCG flag, and maybe a Don't Tread on Me flag. 

3 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

Does the Blue Line flag symbolize everything good about this country, AND recognize the fallen who have died on the line for us?  If you answer in the affirmative, IT'S A FLAG and needs to be retired with DIGNITY the same as every other ::::::::::::

I agree with that, it doesn't have to be an "official" red/white/blue stars and stripes to have the symbolism and to be treated with dignity.

3 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

because that's why i fly it alongside the stars n stripes. i don't fly it 'cause i think it's pretty, but for a reason. so i guess it needs to be retired properly.

100% good choice!

1 hour ago, Ray Ray said:

To me, the flag means that either the owner is LEO or retired LEO.  Or someone is trying to get out of a ticket.  I am not a cop, so I would not fly it

Really? That's pretty close-minded..

1 hour ago, Ray Ray said:

What I would fly?  Old Glory, a USCG flag, and maybe a Don't Tread on Me flag. 

So, what's your opinion of what's flying in this picture?

Flags Front.jpg

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

Really? That's pretty close-minded..

So, what's your opinion of what's flying in this picture?

Flags Front.jpg

He or she supports LEO, the Constitution and the armed forces.  And he doesn't want a ticket.

14 minutes ago, Handyman said:

Firefighters and cops are great, but there's no reason to deface the US Flag (or create a faux flag) to honor them. 

Just flag companies want to sell more flags...

I've had many leo's stop by the shop thanking me for displaying this flag. 

I don't need it to get outta any tickets, nor was I ever leo…….I feel it shows them respect, and that someone out there's got their backs. I started flying them around the time that those cops got ambushed in dallas. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

He or she supports LEO, the Constitution and the armed forces. 

Correct... one point for you!

8 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

And he doesn't want a ticket.

How would flying a flag on your house, get you out of a ticket while driving in your car? Can the cop see your house from 25 miles away when he pulls you over?

I just took your point away....

BTW, that picture I posted is MY house. If you don't like my flag display, look closer in that picture at the front door. My killer is trained to rip out your throat if you don't like the flags... :danced: :mutley:

I was going to fly the Red, White and Blue like this picture below, but wifey had a issue with it:

upside-down-flag-jpegggg-1484362986.jpg?

So, I fly the ones you see in my first picture instead. She asked me why I fly the "redneck flag" (the yellow one), once I educated her on the Gadsden Flag, she now gets it.

• Informative 1

On 5/14/2019 at 10:06 PM, Scorpio64 said:

If it's not a US flag, what flag is it then?

Is it the flag of Russia? Nooooo

Is it the flag of Peru? noooooooo.

Is it a black panther flag? noooooo

Is it a Nazi flag? nooooooo...

You agree that it is, in fact, a flag, but not a US flag.  Since you are the apparent SME here, what flag is it then?  Are our troops wearing a flag that does not represent the USA?  OMG, I'm going to write a letter to the DoD post haste and give them what for.

That flag patch is not worn by all "US troops".  I have only seen the flag patch on Army troops, never on a Marine uniform.  The Navy allows the "Don't Tread On Me" patch, should that be treated as a US flag?  It is just a patch.

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

checked with the boyscout troop down the street. they do the retirement once a month. they do the blue line flags too. 

So the Boy Scouts consider the Blue Line flag should be treated with dignity and retired correctly... Here's my reaction:

b57da844ae0e40f2facec1740a31bf56-christm

We do have an Official Flag. Specifications are listed below.
4 USC Code Section 1

4 U.S.C.
United States Code, 2011 Edition
Title 4 - FLAG AND SEAL, SEAT OF GOVERNMENT, AND THE STATES
CHAPTER 1 - THE FLAG
From the U.S. Government Publishing Office, www.gpo.gov

Section 1. Flag; stripes and stars on

The flag of the United States shall be thirteen horizontal stripes, alternate red and white; and the union of the flag shall be forty-eight stars, white in a blue field.

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/USCODE-2011-title4/html/USCODE-2011-title4-chap1.htm

56 minutes ago, remixer said:

and the union of the flag shall be forty-eight stars, white in a blue field.

48 states?? Which two states did we lose?  :scratchhead:

Also, didn't Obama, while campaigning, say we had 57 states that he traveled to with one left to go?

6 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Also, didn't Obama, while campaigning, say we had 57 states that he traveled to with one left to go?

I think Obama was referring to the Pillars of Islam.

48 States LOL.      I did not even notice that

Well the code is old so i'm sure its referring to how many states when it was written...

OORRRRRR

We dumped Ca and HI

which is fine

The flag of the United States shall be thirteen horizontal stripes, alternate red and white; and the union of the flag shall be forty-eight stars, white in a blue field.

It was Written in 1947.. But the color specs still stand.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, remixer said:

It was Written in 1947.. But the color specs still stand.

Ha Ha

If you go check out your link where you pulled that from, the date on the top of the page is 2011 Edition, and a amendment was made in 1998. Did we only have 48 states in 1998? Or, are the people working for the government writing this stuff really confused?

8 minutes ago, remixer said:

We dumped Ca and HI

which is fine

I think a few more than that need to go...

On 5/17/2019 at 11:00 AM, Sniper said:

Notice he says at the end he wanted to go to Alaska and Hawaii but "... was not allowed because his staff couldn't justify it".  That's because Alaska has voted only once for a Democrat and Hawaii was already in the bag.

On 5/16/2019 at 6:28 AM, Handyman said:

Aw shucks, let's just make a million different flags with a cool off color stripe in the middle. We can have one honoring teachers, lawyers, doctors, librarians, butchers, bakers and Indian chiefs.

You think you are being sarcastic, but sarcasm ceased to eb differentiated form reality in april of 2004. 

https://www.aspiregear.com/blogs/news/what-do-the-thin-line-colors-mean

56 minutes ago, raz-0 said:

You think you are being sarcastic, but sarcasm ceased to eb differentiated form reality in april of 2004. 

Uggg. One of the principal problems with society is that everyone demands recognition for doing anything, even their job. It's participation trophy.

Again, cops and firefighters are great. They work hard a little bit of the time, do little most of the time, get a decent salary and great benefits and pensions. Now they need a flag, too?

On 5/18/2019 at 12:36 AM, Golf battery said:

Looks like we have alot of libs showing their true colors here.  Lets keep it true and keep it clean.  Red white and blue.  !!!!!!!!!!

Just wondering... my pup wears a Blue Line flag patch on his harness and collar, out of respect for Police K9's lost in the line of duty.

Does this patch on the picture below make him a Lib too?

Collar Harness2.jpg

19 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Just wondering... my pup wears a Blue Line flag patch on his harness and collar, out of respect for Police K9's lost in the line of duty.

Collar Harness2.jpg

Aren't all canadians liberals? 

43 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Collar Harness2.jpg

Liberal Dogs are the worst!

14 minutes ago, remixer said:

Liberal Dogs are the worst!

I dunno. Mostly they lay around expecting someone else to provide for all of their daily needs.  

I’ll never be bitten by one, they believe it’s the job of a government dog to run around and do the barking and provide protection to people and property.  

1 minute ago, 10X said:

I dunno. Mostly they lay around expecting someone else to provide for all of their daily needs.  

I’ll never be bitten by one, they believe it’s the job of a government dog to run around and do the barking and provide protection to people and property.  

Problem is they shit where they eat.