9X19

Restricted markings on lower

58 minutes ago, 9X19 said:

Tombstone has these. Any issues building with this lower in NJ? I like the LMT quality.

Thanks

A54212D8-CC3C-48AE-BD3B-81AD8706A190.jpeg

What's it say on the other side?  That makes more difference. I.e. the model number?  AR-15 or LMT-15 or something like that. 

39 minutes ago, Maksim said:

What's it say on the other side?  That makes more difference. I.e. the model number?  AR-15 or LMT-15 or something like that. 

If it said AR-15 on the Model / Roll marks it would still be legal in NJ

12 hours ago, Maksim said:

Defender 2000

On 5/17/2019 at 8:56 PM, Ray Ray said:

Let's be realistic here, even if the lower is marked with banned words does it really matter?  @remixer, will NICS deny me a Colt-AR 15 marked lower?  No.

They will not because nics does not know what you are buying except that its a handgun or longgun

• Thanks 1

There's only two reasons for that mark to be there that I know of, and only one matters to you the consumer. 

1) There's the third hole and it's a post 86 machine gun you can't own. 

2) It was originally manufactured for government sales, and thus was not going to have excise taxes applied to it. 

The excise taxes only apply to finished rifles, but not for government/LEO sales, so for receivers it matters not. So it is possible they had an overrun of receivers compared to finished rifle orders and just dumped them into the retail market.