Ulfhednar15@

Rutherford PD

Hi all.  Sorry if this is in the wrong place.  I'm new forgive me.

I just wanted to relate my experience with getting a change of address on my FID and pistol permits in Rutherford.  I filled out the online form on a Sunday.  Next morning my references got an email to fill out the online reference form.  I also received a call from a detective just to confirm I had applied and asked if I had any questions.  18 days later I got another call that I could pick up my FID and permits.

The Rutherford PD was polite, courteous,  and professional.  Everyone I dealt with was great and answered any questions I had.  This was a fantastic experience compared to my dealings with another town which took forever and gave me the "why do you need a gun" treatment. 

Once again, Rutherford PD was a pleasure to deal with, and the detective I talked with apologized for the long wait and said that they were working through some issues with the new online system, and assured me that next time would be faster.  

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

2 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

Here yeah, South Carolina NO.

It can take up to 90 days for them to process resident ccw permits in SC. Residents would be very happy to get it in 18 days. 

10 minutes ago, fishnut said:

It can take up to 90 days for them to process resident ccw permits in SC. Residents would be very happy to get it in 18 days. 

It was 90 degrees here today and you can have a handgun in your glove box or console sans CWP.  And it seldom takes 90 days.  Still have snow up there?  :rolleyes:

Oh and BTW to knock a squirrel out of the bird feeder hold 12" high and 12" right with a 50yo Daisy mod 25 pump bb gun at 20 yds.

5 minutes ago, Old School said:

It was 90 degrees here today and you can have a handgun in your glove box or console sans CWP.  And it seldom takes 90 days.  Still have snow up there?  :rolleyes:

Yes and no. Plenty of snow above 2500' still but the last pile of snow melted last week on my property. 70° and sunny here today, tomorrow is going to be close to 80°. As you probably know its constitutional carry up here. I decided to get my resident permit anyway, took less than 10 days and my references were not contacted! Just no loaded long guns in any motorized vehicles. 

3 minutes ago, fishnut said:

Yes and no. Plenty of snow above 2500' still but the last pile of snow melted last week on my property. 70° and sunny here today, tomorrow is going to be close to 80°. As you probably know its constitutional carry up here. I decided to get my resident permit anyway, took less than 10 days and my references were not contacted! Just no loaded long guns in any motorized vehicles. 

There's a bill that will probably be defeated for Constitutional carry here.  My permit was a few  maybe 3 weeks.  No loaded long guns because you guys are a bunch of poachers :rolleyes:

22 minutes ago, Old School said:

There's a bill that will probably be defeated for Constitutional carry here.  My permit was a few  maybe 3 weeks.  No loaded long guns because you guys are a bunch of poachers :rolleyes:

Lol. Not me buy yeah that's supposedly why loaded long guns in vehicles is illegal, but handgun hunting is allowed so it's kinda pointless to have a law prohibiting loaded long guns when it's so much easier to wield a handgun while in a vehicle anyway. 

20 minutes ago, fishnut said:

Lol. Not me buy yeah that's supposedly why loaded long guns in vehicles is illegal, but handgun hunting is allowed so it's kinda pointless to have a law prohibiting loaded long guns when it's so much easier to wield a handgun while in a vehicle anyway. 

I see you’re a law abiding citizen.  Poachers don’t use handguns. “Handgun hunting is allowed “. Think what ya said.  Poaching is illegal

39 minutes ago, Old School said:

I see you’re a law abiding citizen.  Poachers don’t use handguns. “Handgun hunting is allowed “. Think what ya said.  Poaching is illegal

What I ment was why would poachers use a rifle fired from their truck when they could just use a handgun. Shooting an animal from a vehicle is illegal regardless of what firearm is used. 

Yes I do follow all game laws though 

22 hours ago, Ulfhednar15@ said:

Hi all.  Sorry if this is in the wrong place.  I'm new forgive me.

I just wanted to relate my experience with getting a change of address on my FID and pistol permits in Rutherford.  I filled out the online form on a Sunday.  Next morning my references got an email to fill out the online reference form.  I also received a call from a detective just to confirm I had applied and asked if I had any questions.  18 days later I got another call that I could pick up my FID and permits.

The Rutherford PD was polite, courteous,  and professional.  Everyone I dealt with was great and answered any questions I had.  This was a fantastic experience compared to my dealings with another town which took forever and gave me the "why do you need a gun" treatment. 

Once again, Rutherford PD was a pleasure to deal with, and the detective I talked with apologized for the long wait and said that they were working through some issues with the new online system, and assured me that next time would be faster.  

I am in Rutherford also.  Great bunch of guys on the force here.