0Jeep4

Suggestions on .223 SS barrel break in ?

Okay I should know this isn’t going to end well, I need some first hand advice though, not what I read heard etc. 

I just put on a SS .223 Wylde barrel on an AR should I go through the 1 shot clean Break in or just shoot it and clean. 

48 minutes ago, fishnut said:

I just shoot and dont even bother cleaning it 

I want to do this, I have one friend of mine insisting that I spent the money on a match barrel so I should break to get the accuracy out of it. 

If it's a "blaster" just shoot until it feels weird to not have cleaned it, then clean it.  

If it's a long range, match type rifle, take good care of it.  I personally don't believe in the break in thing(even on my match gun).  Clean it really well, shoot it.  I run a dry patch every 300 rounds and after 1000 or so, I run a wet patch, let it soak, and dry patch it until it's moderately clean.  Whatever you do, whether it's scrub it until it's shiny after every outing or let it rot, do it consistently.  

Good luck.

5 hours ago, 0Jeep4 said:

Thanks guys. I guess it really just becomes a personal thing. 

Yep.  You do have experts on both sides who say yes it makes a difference and no it does not.

Here are two videos, one with John Krieger, aka Krieger barrels.. and another barrel/gunsmith.