mustang69

Anyone collect derringers? Looking for any info

Ok, I have an odd one here.

Got a Colt thuer 3rd Model derringer, single shot caliber .41 rimfire, s/n 116xx.  It came with a display case that I believe is newer, but it was designed around the gun.  There is also a single round displayed with it.

Is there a collector market for these things?  Based on what I see on Gunbroker there were quite a few of these made from 1875 to 1912, and based on the serial number this one was fairly early.  Silver/Nickel frame with blued barrel.  All frame screws show bright blue, half the trigger retains the blue.  Hammer appears case hardened.  Frame retains 85-90% of the Nickel and the barrel retains approx. 70% of the bluing.  The "- COLT -" rollmark is crisp.   The only other visible mark is the caliber designation on the frame that is stamped ".41 CAL".  The serial number is under the grips, markings on the grips show they are serialized to the gun.   Anyone here collect these?  Opinions on what they are worth as described and shown in pics?

It's really not what I typically collect but it looked too nice to leave it at the FFL. 

Thanks.

IMG_1765.JPG

IMG_1766.JPG

IMG_1764.JPG

IMG_1763.JPG

IMG_1762.JPG

IMG_1761.JPG

IMG_1759.JPG

IMG_1760.JPG

IMG_1758.JPG