Shane45

Yet another rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor

This is what 6.5 CM was meant for, to be coming out of a box fed mag.

It is definitely not boutique anymore but that would be because of its adoption in bolt guns... NOT semi autos. =P  

It's simply better ballistics with a good amount of people behind it.  Should certainly be safe for the next decade or so.

• Agree 1

The point being Bolts, adopted long ago, the fringe just finally figuring it out, or not (Ray Ray). Semi's, adoption achieved. Full Auto, belt fed meaning it has infiltrated every corner of 308'dom.

RR, FN dont prototype shit unless theres money behind it in a big way...as in someone is asking for it.

• Thanks 1

It's only taken the 6.5 Creedmoor 12 years to become an overnight sensation. :p

Its sharp shoulder would negate me from picking it as my first choice for a magazine fed semi-auto, but it does have good downrange ballistics. In a belt-fed auto I guess this will work fine. Seems they forgot all about the .260 Remington, which is a great short-action .264" round. Surprised the .243 Win. didn't get the nod for a short-action something from the military. And whatever happened to the 6.8 SPC? 

.264 anything's have always been great rounds downrange. What are there now, 13 commercially loaded 6.5-something's excluding wildcats? 

The 6.5 Creedmoor is a great example of laser-focused marketing, good factory ammo at a reasonable price and resources at the right time. Time to throw all those flat-shooting .243's, .257's, .277's and .284's in the trash, the .6.5 is here!  

Parker, I agree with most of what your saying. I always believed that rem missed the boat big time by not making 260 match ammo readily available for the market that was clearly trending that way. I have a strong certainty that they were advised as such but didn't listen. 6.5 cm proved that was a big mistake on their part. But I would guess that 6.5 would be picked over 260 now because they want caliber commonality.  Some units have KAC's in 6.5, SOCOM officially adopted 6.5, and mil has always valued cal cominality. Just a theory.

• Agree 1

Commonality makes sense. I think they'll have a winner with this one. 

It makes sense, the .308 is so 1952. :icon_e_biggrin:

As for the 6.5 Creedmoor, it's created more meme's on the internet than any other cartridge around.

IMG_3097.JPG