remixer

Memorial Day - Monday 27th 2019

memorial2.jpg.4d1b465418636961be3c78ad8a2c887b.jpg

President Ronald Reagan gave a moving speech on Memorial Day at Arlington National Cemetery in 1986.
It's not a day for Sales or Shopping it's a day to Remember, I plan to do exactly what he said in his last sentence
Spending that day with Family and Friends. We will be closed on Monday 27th.

"Today is the day we put aside to remember fallen heroes and to pray that no heroes will ever have to die for us again.
It’s a day of thanks for the valor of others, a day to remember the splendor of America and those of her children who
rest in this cemetery and others. It’s a day to be with the family and remember.

I was thinking this morning that across the country children and their parents will be going to the town parade and
the young ones will sit on the sidewalks and wave their flags as the band goes by. Later, maybe, they’ll have a cookout
or a day at the beach. And that’s good, because today is a day to be with the family and to remember."

President Reagan - 1986 Memorial Day Speech at Arlington National Cemetery

• Thanks 2

Several years ago, we were out for a drive to a U-pick farm in Chesterfield on Memorial Day weekend. We passed by the Brigadier General William C. Doyle Memorial Cemetery. I abruptly turned around and we drove thru.

What a sight and what a civics lesson for my 2 young boys.

Thousands and thousands of US flags on thousands and thousands of grave markers.

I highly recommend this destination any day of the year, but especially on Memorial Day weekend.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, dajonga said:

Several years ago, we were out for a drive to a U-pick farm in Chesterfield on Memorial Day weekend. We passed by the Brigadier General William C. Doyle Memorial Cemetery. I abruptly turned around and we drove thru.

What a sight and what a civics lesson for my 2 young boys.

Thousands and thousands of US flags on thousands and thousands of grave markers.

I highly recommend this destination any day of the year, but especially on Memorial Day weekend.

Flags that were placed by Boy Scouts; in a similar Civics lesson.

• Like 1