vladtepes

I think you can technically have a collapsible stock in NJ..

So.. I was answering another questions about a stock and it set off a lightbulb.. 

The fact that NJ AWB is written by people that have no idea about guns.. 
"folding or telescoping stock" 

folding is obvious.. but telescoping means something really specific.. 

tel·e·scope
/ˈteləˌskōp/
verb
gerund or present participle: telescoping
  1. (with reference to an object made of concentric tubular parts) slide or cause to slide into itself, so that it becomes smaller.

does this mean that something like this would technically be legal since it does not fold OR telescope? it adjusts based on sliding rails.. NOT on the ability of a tube to slide within itself..

x-products-roc-rapid-operations-carbine-

13 minutes ago, PK90 said:

:rofl:

ETA: Let me clarify. The State has their own dictionary.

I am not saying it would go well.. I am not saying it would not be a fight.. but correct me if I am wrong.. 

legal verbiage has two important distinctions.. 
* Terms that are specifically defined within the law.. for example.. "substantially identical".. this term is defined.. so we know what it means according to the state.. 
* Terms that are not defined default to the common definition of a word.. 

using that mindset.. telescoping would be defined.. or it would not be.. it is not so that means the technical definition within the context of the law.. means exactly what the word means.. so following further.. for a stock to be considered "evil".. it would either need to fold.. or possess the characteristic of collapsing tube within tube.. if the stock does not.. it is neither folding or telescoping and therefore not considered an "evil feature"... the Evo stock is a really good example of this.. 

This stock does NOT fold or telescope.. obviously it would need to be on a 16in barrel gun.. but you get the idea..
manticore-arms-scorpion-evo-slider-stock

16 minutes ago, Pizza Bob said:

OK, who wants to be the test case??? Raise your hand............just as I thought.

I have been a test case since this I bought my first handgun. 

8 hours ago, vladtepes said:

I am not saying it would go well.. I am not saying it would not be a fight.. but correct me if I am wrong.. 

legal verbiage has two important distinctions.. 
* Terms that are specifically defined within the law.. for example.. "substantially identical".. this term is defined.. so we know what it means according to the state.. 
* Terms that are not defined default to the common definition of a word.. 

using that mindset.. telescoping would be defined.. or it would not be.. it is not so that means the technical definition within the context of the law.. means exactly what the word means.. so following further.. for a stock to be considered "evil".. it would either need to fold.. or possess the characteristic of collapsing tube within tube.. if the stock does not.. it is neither folding or telescoping and therefore not considered an "evil feature"... the Evo stock is a really good example of this.. 

This stock does NOT fold or telescope.. obviously it would need to be on a 16in barrel gun.. but you get the idea..
manticore-arms-scorpion-evo-slider-stock

To dive deeper into pedantic rabbit hole: By that definition most adjustable stocks are not telescoping in that they do not collapse into themselves.  They ride on the buffer tube which is not a part of the stock. 

28 minutes ago, Emortal said:

"slide or cause to slide into itself, so that it becomes smaller."

Not a lawyer, but I think the "OR" is important here. The example in the first post could easily be concentric tubular parts that slide to become smaller.

in the first example the whole butt pad slides out not the tube portion.. it was just an example.. the eve stock is a better example.. there are no tubular parts involved.. so it does not telescope..