gunforhire

Tomorrow 9:30 am click the link below and see if our Rogers case was granted Cert! Case #18-2366

Who else as the Tip of the Spear in NJ and has Nappen, Bach, Schmutter, Jensen, Et al, at the range? Who else is the EVP of the State NRA, and an NRA Board member? Who else has a target on their back in NJ as big as mine? Who else hosts a podcast GunForHireRadio.com with NO filter to educate the masses? Answer(s) - NO ONE! Support those who support you! Tomorrow 9:30 am click the link below and see if our Rogers case was granted Cert! Case #18-2366

https://www.supremecourt.gov/orders/ordersbycircuit/18

07CBD436-D398-4EA0-9AD4-11E62F98EC7A.jpeg

• Thanks 2

Thanks Ant. Am out of state on business but will be checking!

I had lost faith in the judicial system when Drake was denied.    The Drake decision, along with NJ changing their decision to hear Pantano, left me very disillusioned.

As you and Sandy made brief mention of recently, I have felt like we are being played.

I hope and pray they grant cert this time around.

• Agree 1

d5ebd999-f176-494d-9d38-8783f013a91a.jpg

U.S. SUPREME COURT DEFERS
ACTION ON ANJRPC CARRY CASE

May 28, 2019. Today, the United States Supreme Court took no action on ANJRPC’s challenge to New Jersey’s carry law in the Rogers v. Grewal case. 

That means one of two things: either the U.S. Supreme Court will relist the case for consideration at its next conference on May 30, or the Supreme Court will defer its decision on whether to take the appeal pending the outcome of another case. The Supreme Court’s intended course of action will become clearer as the matter unfolds.

Please watch for additional ANJRPC alerts as the situation develops.

1 hour ago, Darrenf said:

looks like no news today. :(

There's news, but you're NOT going to like it. Here's the news release:

anjrpc_header-2-revised-b.jpg

U.S. SUPREME COURT DEFERS
ACTION ON ANJRPC CARRY CASE

May 28, 2019. Today, the United States Supreme Court took no action on ANJRPC’s challenge to New Jersey’s carry law in the Rogers v. Grewal case. 

That means one of two things: either the U.S. Supreme Court will relist the case for consideration at its next conference on May 30, or the Supreme Court will defer its decision on whether to take the appeal pending the outcome of another case. The Supreme Court’s intended course of action will become clearer as the matter unfolds.
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Darrenf said:

it just means we have to wait longer. 

Are we seeing a pattern yet here boys??  How much longer are all you guys willing to wait?

Maybe if you all click your heels 3 times, the Supreme Court will FINALLY come to your rescue??

giphy.gif

Then again, if you're realistic, it's going to be a really long wait (Probably never).......

rip.jpg

1 hour ago, sota said:

@sniper what are you implying? and you first, I'll be right behind you.

You know exactly what I'm implying. People need to make a decision, either live in the TRUE reality of life, or live in their "Perception" of reality. It's a choice everyone needs to make.

I can't wait for NJ to fall. 

It's hard to understand though how DC fell in October of 2017 and NJ continues with their unconstitutional "justifiable need".

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't DC's "good reason" to carry based on NJ's "justifiable need"?

This is from when DC fell in 2017.  It sounds EXACTLY like what is currently being argued in NJ no?

I'm no lawyer, but if DC's law was found to be unconstitutional and that law as based on the NJ forumla, how the heck is NJ's law still standing!  I know, I know.  Somebody had to file suit in NJ first.  It's just frustrating waiting.  I guess a few more weeks won't make a difference.  It's inevitable that NJ's "justifiable need" requirement will fall.  Hopefully sooner rather than later.

"In Tuesday’s decision by the D.C. Circuit Court, the majority declared that the right to carry a gun in public for self-defense is at “the core” of the Second Amendment’s right.  The Amendment protects both a “right to keep” and a separate “right to bear” arms, and both of those are equally protected, the majority declared.

Struck down by the decision was a Washington, D.C., law that puts special restrictions on local residents’ chance to get a license to carry a concealed handgun in public.  Local law does not allow any open carrying of a gun in public.

For a concealed carry permit, a local resident must offer proof of “a good reason to fear injury,” which is spelled out as requiring “evidence of specific threats or previous attacks” indicating a “special danger” to that person’s life.   The local law would also allow a license to be issued to a person whose job requires them to carry around cash or valuables.  Living or working in a high-crime area, however, is not sufficient to get a license.   (Other federal appeals courts have upheld similar laws requiring proof of a safety risk before one can get a license to have a gun outside the home.)

In striking down the local ordinance, the Circuit Court majority said it amounts to a flat ban on access to a carrying permit, because it would exclude almost any ordinary, law-abiding citizen without specific reason to fear for their safety – embracing nearly all of the city’s population.   The Supreme Court’s decision in 2008, whatever else it means, will not permit what amounts to a categorical ban on exercising Second Amendment rights, the majority declared."

Link below to full article.

https://constitutioncenter.org/blog/strict-d.c.-law-against-gun-carrying-struck-down

1 hour ago, gleninjersey said:

I can't wait for NJ to fall. 

It's hard to understand though how DC fell in October of 2017 and NJ continues with their unconstitutional "justifiable need".

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't DC's "good reason" to carry based on NJ's "justifiable need"?

This is from when DC fell in 2017.  It sounds EXACTLY like what is currently being argued in NJ no?

I'm no lawyer, but if DC's law was found to be unconstitutional and that law as based on the NJ forumla, how the heck is NJ's law still standing!  I know, I know.  Somebody had to file suit in NJ first.  It's just frustrating waiting.  I guess a few more weeks won't make a difference.  It's inevitable that NJ's "justifiable need" requirement will fall.  Hopefully sooner rather than later.

"In Tuesday’s decision by the D.C. Circuit Court, the majority declared that the right to carry a gun in public for self-defense is at “the core” of the Second Amendment’s right.  The Amendment protects both a “right to keep” and a separate “right to bear” arms, and both of those are equally protected, the majority declared.

Struck down by the decision was a Washington, D.C., law that puts special restrictions on local residents’ chance to get a license to carry a concealed handgun in public.  Local law does not allow any open carrying of a gun in public.

For a concealed carry permit, a local resident must offer proof of “a good reason to fear injury,” which is spelled out as requiring “evidence of specific threats or previous attacks” indicating a “special danger” to that person’s life.   The local law would also allow a license to be issued to a person whose job requires them to carry around cash or valuables.  Living or working in a high-crime area, however, is not sufficient to get a license.   (Other federal appeals courts have upheld similar laws requiring proof of a safety risk before one can get a license to have a gun outside the home.)

In striking down the local ordinance, the Circuit Court majority said it amounts to a flat ban on access to a carrying permit, because it would exclude almost any ordinary, law-abiding citizen without specific reason to fear for their safety – embracing nearly all of the city’s population.   The Supreme Court’s decision in 2008, whatever else it means, will not permit what amounts to a categorical ban on exercising Second Amendment rights, the majority declared."

Link below to full article.

https://constitutioncenter.org/blog/strict-d.c.-law-against-gun-carrying-struck-down

If only they would have appealed 

47 minutes ago, Zeke said:

If only they would have appealed 

They knew if they appealed and lost that they would "ruin it" for the other anti-2A states and the entire house would come crashign down.   
No way they were goig to risk that.

Fingers crossed we get another win.  And soon!

1 hour ago, Old Glock guy said:

All I know is that I turned 67 a couple of weeks ago, and while I'm still in pretty good shape, I'm running out of time for this to happen. 

I would suggest getting one of these:

4c4e939b09348b3159d296e765e1ef86.jpg

At least you'd have some sort of protection.

7 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

They knew if they appealed and lost that they would "ruin it" for the other anti-2A states and the entire house would come crashign down.   
No way they were goig to risk that.

Fingers crossed we get another win.  And soon!

Good things happen to those that wait. 

• Agree 2

Blah blah blah blah never gonna happen never gonna happen blah blah blah never going to happen wait till next f-ing year never going to happen other case blah blah blah blah blah waiting to see if NY vs. whatever blah blah blah BS BS BS same old crap never going to happen grant cert not grant cert liberal vs. conservative NJ NJ NJ Governor Murphy has big ugly teeth and whatever you do don't hold your breath NRA, ANJRPC go F yourselves worthless take our money blah blah blah Supreme Court HMMMM Justice Roberts HMMMMM Justice Grabtitty HMMMMM can't wait until next year Blah blah blah blah never gonna happen never gonna happen blah blah blah never going to happen wait till next f-ing year never going to happen other case blah blah blah blah blah waiting to see if NY vs. whatever blah blah blah BS BS BS same old crap never going to happen grant cert not grant cert liberal vs. conservative NJ NJ NJ Governor Murphy has big ugly teeth and whatever you do don't hold your breath NRA, ANJRPC go F yourselves worthless take our money blah blah blah Supreme Court HMMMM Justice Roberts HMMMMM Justice Grabtitty HMMMMM can't wait until next year Blah blah blah blah never gonna happen never gonna happen blah blah blah never going to happen wait till next f-ing year never going to happen other case blah blah blah blah blah waiting to see if NY vs. whatever blah blah blah BS BS BS same old crap never going to happen grant cert not grant cert liberal vs. conservative NJ NJ NJ Governor Murphy has big ugly teeth and whatever you do don't hold your breath NRA, ANJRPC go F yourselves worthless take our money blah blah blah Supreme Court HMMMM Justice Roberts HMMMMM Justice Grabtitty HMMMMM can't wait until next year Blah blah blah blah never gonna happen never gonna happen blah blah blah never going to happen wait till next f-ing year never going to happen other case blah blah blah blah blah waiting to see if NY vs. whatever blah blah blah BS BS BS same old crap never going to happen grant cert not grant cert liberal vs. conservative NJ NJ NJ Governor Murphy has big ugly teeth and whatever you do don't hold your breath NRA, ANJRPC go F yourselves worthless take our money blah blah blah Supreme Court HMMMM Justice Roberts HMMMMM Justice Grabtitty HMMMMM can't wait until next year Blah blah blah blah never gonna happen never gonna happen blah blah blah never going to happen wait till next f-ing year never going to happen other case blah blah blah blah blah waiting to see if NY vs. whatever blah blah blah BS BS BS same old crap never going to happen grant cert not grant cert liberal vs. conservative NJ NJ NJ Governor Murphy has big ugly teeth and whatever you do don't hold your breath NRA, ANJRPC go F yourselves worthless take our money blah blah blah Supreme Court HMMMM Justice Roberts HMMMMM Justice Grabtitty HMMMMM can't wait until next year 

• Thanks 1