david8613

Top optics ready guns, what do you have in your toy box?

3 hours ago, david8613 said:

My cz p10c suppressor ready came in, gonna pick it up tomorrow cant wait. I think I'm gonna send the slide to jagerworks for milling work to put a holosun 507c, but I'm wondering if I can keep my suppressor hight sights, the rear sight has a ramp and takes alot of space on the slide. Looks like this. 

wm_12846160.jpg

Depending on where you send it they will be able to incorporate the existing rear sight cut into the MRDS footprint and then mill in a new dovetail for the suppressor height rear sight either in front of or behind the optic cut.

I did some pricing on this milling work and anyone who is trying to do optics for a pistol on a budget better stick to optic ready guns. That 125.00 milling price does not include everything, the milling work, new dovetail, new sights, creakote milled slide to protect bare metal brings the cost way up. Just the basic is close to 300.00. If you want to get fancy with serrations, lighting cuts, pockets, creakote price can go way up very quickly. 

Nobody said it would be low cost and, in this instance, you will pay for what you get.

There are boutique shops that cater to the Gucci-gun crowd.

There are big names that are in demand in the serious defensive or competition crowd.

There are small shops that do quality work for a reasonable price.

Do your due diligence and make sure you get what you are looking for.

1 hour ago, david8613 said:

I did some pricing on this milling work and anyone who is trying to do optics for a pistol on a budget better stick to optic ready guns. That 125.00 milling price does not include everything, the milling work, new dovetail, new sights, creakote milled slide to protect bare metal brings the cost way up. Just the basic is close to 300.00. If you want to get fancy with serrations, lighting cuts, pockets, creakote price can go way up very quickly. 

$300 for just an RMR cut is a tad high... but in line if you are doing other work.

Learn to shoot the shit out of your existing gun as is before spending more money.

Here is a nice page that is showing jagerworks milling work, its excellent, the video shows the tight tolerances they do. the red dot actually snaps in!!! No worries before my gun goes to get any work done I will give her a good run through with irons. 

http://minivandoorgunner.blogspot.com/2017/10/cz-p-10c-jagerwerks-rmr-cut.html?m=1