david8613

Milling slide for rmr footprint.

Before you go the pistol optic route strongly suggest you find someone with an optic on their pistol and see if you really want to go that route. It is not a panacea.

Lol, I'm the type I cant just try something once or twice. I have get it use it for awhile and if I like it I'll keep it, if I dont like it I will sell it, no worries. Definitely going optics route, I was gonna do an optics ready gun but this forum convincing me I should go milled. What's the going price to do this type of work? I have to  send just the slide, not the whole gun correct?

I feel the iron sites block the optic, so I opted not to have a rear site groove cut, and instead have a slide racker.  I have a nice open field of view. I have a buis on my ar, but they are always folded down. I turned my M&P into a race gun for open division, and for range use. I have an extra battery, but they last hundreds of hours. If my RMR died I would be too depressed to continue, and just switch to another pistol for the rest of the match. 

My cz p10c suppressor ready came in, gotta pick it up. I gotta contact who ever is gonna do my milling, I need to find out if I can keep the suppressor height sights. I noticed the rear sight has a ramp taking up space on the slide, might have to get it changed, not sure. Rear Sight Looks like this

wm_12846157.jpg

Jagerworks, Primary Machine, Agency Arms, ATEi, Cajun Gunworks, and Southwest Precision all do slide milling. 

Have the rear sight cut behind the optic. That way if you decide you dont like the optic, you can take it off and have the normal sight radius on the irons

From what I have seen, no. 

They will mill the slot for the RMR right where the current cut for the rear sight is now. Then they will mill a separate spot for the rear sight. Up to you if you want infront or behind. My vote would be behind

http://ncengravers.com/czproducts/p10-opticmiling

I found a pic with an optic on the slide with cz OEM suppressor height sights. It looks to me to be very close to the ejection port. Is this safe to do? I see other cz p10c slides milled with a new dovetail and a different rear suppressor height sight to move the red dot farther back on the slide. See the difference in the 2 pics below. What do you think?

IMG_0544.jpg

60982381_427344714516764_8867496727759543221_n.jpg

David,

In the bottom pic the recut for a normal rear sight.  Your best bet is to actually talk to the guys you don't for a living. 

L&M Precision in North Carolina...email or call Mark

DP Custom works...email or call Doug. 

They are more than happy to talk shop.

On 6/8/2019 at 2:07 PM, david8613 said:

http://ncengravers.com/czproducts/p10-opticmiling

I found a pic with an optic on the slide with cz OEM suppressor height sights. It looks to me to be very close to the ejection port. Is this safe to do? I see other cz p10c slides milled with a new dovetail and a different rear suppressor height sight to move the red dot farther back on the slide. See the difference in the 2 pics below. What do you think?

IMG_0544.jpg

60982381_427344714516764_8867496727759543221_n.jpg

The top one just looks wrong. Same with rear sights in front of an rds. I’d go with the donut.

I agree OEM suppressor hight sights do look awkward. I was checking the pros and cons of the sight being in front of red dot or in back of red dot. I think there is alot to like with the sight in front, first it protects the red dot from damage if you rack it that way, second having the sight in front also keeps the red dot with a nice clean view of the glass nothing in the way that can confuse your eyes. 

I took advantage of that sale as well - got in on Monday. I ordered the EDC package, nitride, and RMR cut. Cost waaaaay less than it should have.

Mailing my slide out tomorrow morning. Can’t wait to get it back.

Snagged a Holosun 407C for $189 from Brownells to go on it. 

Life is good.

1 hour ago, blksheep said:

L&M Precision.  Mark does excellent work, one of the originals in the biz.

Thanks for the recommendation. 

The milling costs almost as much as the gun. I wonder why it's so much more for the PPQ. Ouch.