Sniper

4 New Gun Laws Proposed in the House, and 2 in the Senate, is everyone aware?

3 hours ago, Greenday said:

I'm not saying NJ would. I'm just wondering how people would feel if that was the use of the money.

Or the dealer could call NICS for free and bypass the NJSP $15 shakedown, and those troopers could do something that isn't redundant and unnecessary. I'm pretty sure we already pay tax on firearms to fund NICS. 

• Like 1

ANTI-GUN BILLS PASS ASSEMBLY COMMITTEE

June 13, 2019. After hearing several hours of testimony, today the New Jersey Assembly Judiciary Committee moved a package of gun bills, including 6 bills opposed by ANJRPC and NRA (A1016A3696A5452A5453A5454, and A5455). 

Here is my shocked face:

e-trade_baby.jpg

2 hours ago, Sniper said:

ANTI-GUN BILLS PASS ASSEMBLY COMMITTEE

June 13, 2019. After hearing several hours of testimony, today the New Jersey Assembly Judiciary Committee moved a package of gun bills, including 6 bills opposed by ANJRPC and NRA (A1016A3696A5452A5453A5454, and A5455). 

Here is my shocked face:

e-trade_baby.jpg

I'll be contacting my reps, who are usually pro 2A (they voted to abstain on the duty to warn law revision last year, which in my opinion is worse than the 10 round limit).  However, the Democrat supermajority we have here is pretty hard to beat, so it is my plan to be moved back to the land of the free (or free-er if we are feeling really critical today) before my purchaser ID card expires in 4 years.

19 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

Hopefully NJ2AS doesn’t piss him off again between now and then...

We won't!  We are no longer allowed to protest in front of his house.......He saw to that!  Man was he ever pissed off that day! He wouldn't even offer condolences to Carol Bowne's family who were there with us right after she was murdered!:mad:

14 hours ago, BobA said:

Who shops in Dicks?

I went there about two weeks ago to pick up a basketball hoop that my brother bought in a store in St Augustine Florida. He's a cop down there and for memorial day got 20% off at that store only. He bought it for my son and set the pickup site as NJ. It pained both of us to use Dicks for anything, but I digress. Anyway, the guy who was tasked with getting it out to my van was the ammo counter guy. He was swamped with customers. I couldn't believe it. To answer your question, LOTS of people buy ammo there, apparently.

3 minutes ago, Lostboy said:

I went there about two weeks ago to pick up a basketball hoop that my brother bought in a store in St Augustine Florida. He's a cop down there and for memorial day got 20% off at that store only. He bought it for my son and set the pickup site as NJ. It pained both of us to use Dicks for anything, but I digress. Anyway, the guy who was tasked with getting it out to my van was the ammo counter guy. He was swamped with customers. I couldn't believe it. To answer your question, LOTS of people buy ammo there, apparently.

Fudds and Newbies. 

10 minutes ago, 10X said:

It’ll all come down to who Sweeney  hates more, Murphy or us.  

Also the NJ GOP came out against the bills officially. Sweeney May need the GOP to override Murphy’s veto of the budget (without millionaire tax).  If the GOP has any stones they’d say that they would vote to override the veto if these bills die. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, voyager9 said:

Also the NJ GOP came out against the bills officially. Sweeney May need the GOP to override Murphy’s veto of the budget (without millionaire tax).  If the GOP has any stones they’d say that they would vote to override the veto if these bills die. 

NJ GOP is too busy window shopping for Volvo's to be of any use.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Cemeterys Gun Blob said:

NJ GOP is too busy window shopping for Volvo's to be of any use.

Perhaps. But they did formally come out against the bills. There was also an article about how Sweeney may need them to override a Murphy veto. 

I have no problem using the Democratic infighting against them if we can. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, voyager9 said:

Perhaps. But they did formally come out against the bills. There was also an article about how Sweeney may need them to override a Murphy veto. 

I have no problem using the Democratic infighting against them if we can. 

I have a problem with my constitutional rights being used as a bargaining chip at a political poker table full of fucking retards, self-aggrandizing muppets, puppets and crooked lying cheats pretending to be politicians  :mad::fuckyou:

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Regular Guy said:

I have a problem with my constitutional rights being used as a bargaining chip at a political poker table full of fucking retards, self-aggrandizing muppets, puppets and crooked lying cheats pretending to be politicians  :mad::fuckyou:

While I agree, I’d rather they be a bargaining chip than lose them outright. 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2019 at 9:35 PM, JohnnyB said:

Sweeney will block all of these bills. They will never make it to the Senate floor for a vote!

I hope you're right. He did say at one time that he wouldn't let the 10 round mag limit bill out for a vote............

They're fighting tooth and nail to make NJ unattractive to anyone except violent criminals, hood rats, welfare queens, and other democrat supporters. Technically a good long-term strategy to ensure you keep winning: get rid of opposition supporters.

13 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Does any one know which bills made it to the floor for tomorrow senate vote?

Here's the ANJRPC alert, they don't know which ones will actual take a vote:

https://www.anjrpc.org/page/ThursFullLegToVoteOnGunOwnerAttacks

....."Thursday’s bill list will be in flux until the very last minute, and one or more of the other bills heard in Assembly committee last week could still be scheduled for a vote in both houses on Thursday.

Accordingly, please immediately contact all member of the Legislature by clicking here. Tell them: (1) Vote NO on “smart guns” (A1016 / S101) – the attempt to swap one mandate for another will doom the technology to failure by pushing gun owners away instead of allowing interest in the technology to develop normally; and (2) Vote NO or to amend on the following bills (if they are scheduled), which either affect only law-abiding citizens (who do not perpetrate crimes and represent a threat to no one), or fail to protect honest citizens from wrongful prosecution under careless wording: A3696 / S2240; A5452 / S3876; A5453 / S3879; A5454 / S3897; and A5455 / S3898.

I would expect all of them to be voted on and all will pass.  I also expect the exodus from this state to increase a bit once this crap becomes law.

It really sucks for the firearms dealers in this state. Their businesses are being trashed.