Sniper

4 New Gun Laws Proposed in the House, and 2 in the Senate, is everyone aware?

13 hours ago, jasonx said:

They're fighting tooth and nail to make NJ unattractive to anyone except violent criminals, hood rats, welfare queens, and other democrat supporters. Technically a good long-term strategy to ensure you keep winning: get rid of opposition supporters.

I think you nailed it with that!  A lot of their opposition is fleeing, ensuring a permanent Democratic majority, much as has happened in California. 

• Like 1

Of all the voting that happened today:

S101 passed 24-13. The Senate version was substituted in the Assembly and it will come up for a vote during the next Assembly session.

S3897 passed 34-1. The Senate version was substituted in the Assembly and it will come up for a vote during the next Assembly session.

A5455 passed 52-16 with 5 abstaining. Next stop - the Senate.

A3696 passed 59-15 with 2 abstaining. Next stop - the Senate.

A5452 passed 43-24 with 5 abstaining. Next stop - the Senate.

A5453 passes 58-10 with 7 abstaining. Next stop - the Senate.

52 minutes ago, Bri894 said:

I tried reading all the mumbo jumbo in the bill regarding renewing your FID every four years. It looks like the day Murphy signs it starts our 4 years to renew. Am I right or wrong?

I believe the wording in the bill is that the 4 year period will start when the bill is signed into law. 

Just now, Danno said:

So EVERYONE'S FID will need to be renewed on the same day?!? We may be able to have some fun with this.

DO YOU THINK, FOR ONE SECOND, THESE MORONS HAVE ANY THOUGHT IN THEIR UNCONSTITUTIONAL, TREASONOUS, PEA BRAINED HEADS?

AND WHERE IS THE NRA???

OH YEAH THEY ARE CALLING ME 3 TIMES A DAY ASKING FOR MONEY TO DEFEND OUR GUN RIGHTS!

forked110714.jpg

• Agree 1

Isn't A3696 in conflict with District of Columbia v. Heller? If a firearm is locked up, it's not accessible, is it?

(Requiring a trigger lock on a a firearm without specifying that it must be unloaded first is probably one of the dumbest and most dangerous laws that the NJ Assembly has ever passed.)

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/07-290.ZO.html

Sponsored by:

Assemblywoman  JOANN DOWNEY

District 11 (Monmouth)

Assemblyman  ERIC HOUGHTALING

District 11 (Monmouth)

Co-Sponsored by:

Assemblyman Benson

SYNOPSIS

Requires safe storage of firearms; establishes penalties for improper firearm storage.

CURRENT VERSION OF TEXT

As introduced.

An Act concerning safe storage of firearms and supplementing Title 2C of the New Jersey Statutes.

Be It Enacted by the Senate and General Assembly of the State of New Jersey:

1.  a.  A legal owner of a firearm shall store or secure a firearm that is not in use at a premises under the owner’s control: 

(1)  in a securely locked box or container;

(2) in a location which a reasonable person would believe to be secure; or 

(3)  with a trigger lock.

b.  Nothing in this section shall be construed to prevent a legal owner from being authorized, pursuant to subsection e. of N.J.S.2C:39-6, to lawfully keep or carry about the owner’s place of business, residence, premises, or other land owned or possessed by the owner, any firearm, or from carrying the same, in the manner specified in subsection g. of N.J.S.2C:39-6, from any place of purchase to the owner’s residence or place of business, between the owner’s dwelling and the owner’s place of business, between one place of business or residence and another when moving, or between the owner’s dwelling or place of business and place where the firearms are repaired, for the purpose of repair.  For the purposes of this section, a place of business shall be deemed to be a fixed location.

c.  This section shall not apply to temporary transfer of a firearm authorized pursuant to section 1 of P.L.1992, c.74 (C.2C:58-3.1).

d.  A person who violates subsection a. of this section is guilty of a disorderly persons offense.

2.  This act shall take effect immediately.

7 hours ago, njJoniGuy said:

S3897 (straw purchase) passed 34-1

These idiots don't even read the bills they approve. Here are two lines in S3897:

h.    Stun guns.  Any person who knowingly has in his possession any stun gun is guilty of a crime of the fourth degree.

(2)   a firearm with a fixed magazine capacity or detachable magazine capable of holding up to 15 rounds pursuant to section 7 of P.L.2018, c.39 (C.2C:39-20).

So, stun guns are now illegal and we can have 15 round mags, based on their vote today??

And here's another winner in the bill text:

g.    Assault firearms.  Any person who manufactures, causes to be manufactured, transports, ships, sells or disposes of an assault firearm without being registered or licensed to do so pursuant to N.J.S.2C:58-1 et seq. is guilty of a crime of the third degree.

Anyone know where I can buy a "Assault firearm". Does @remixer carry them?

https://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2018/Bills/S4000/3897_I1.HTM

• Confused 1

58 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

AND WHERE IS THE NRA???

Too busy in fighting between themselves... they aren't coming to help.... Plan accordingly...

NRA Suspends Top Lobbyist Chris Cox Amid Continuing Turmoil

Continued infighting gripped the National Rifle Association on Thursday after the gun group suspended Chris Cox, its top lobbyist and second-ranking official, for being part of an April attempt to oust CEO Wayne LaPierre.

The allegation of Cox’s involvement in a power struggle between Oliver North, the group’s former president, and LaPierre was contained in a lawsuit filed in New York State on Wednesday against North, which was first reported by The New York Times. While the suit was directed against North, it for the first time implicated Cox of being part of the conspiracy to unseat LaPierre. The suit said that Cox had sent texts and emails that demonstrated he was a party to the ouster attempt.

The organization placed Cox on administrative leave amid an internal review, an NRA spokesman told the Times on Thursday.

https://www.thetrace.org/2019/06/nra-suspends-top-lobbyist-chris-cox-amid-continuing-turmoil/

• Agree 1

The FID bill wasnt voted on, neither was the ammunition bill or storage. 

Looks like they just expanded on criminal activity for once and unfortunatyl "smart" guns. 

So stores are required to carry a smart gun..

Add convictions of crimes such as carjacking or making terroristic threats to the list of crimes that ban people from buying firearms in the state (A5454/S3897). It passed the Assembly 58-10 with 9 abstentions and the state Senate. 34-1.

Encourage firearm retail dealers and operators of firing ranges in the state to attend a suicide prevention course (A3896). It passed the Assembly 73-0 with 3 abstentions and the state Senate, 37-0.

Make it a third-degree crime for people who aren’t allowed to have a gun who attempt to obtain one (A4449). It passed the Assembly 70-5 with three abstentions and the Senate 57-1.

Could someone explain to me what happened? Assuming Murphy will sign anything they put in front of him, they basically banned tasers (again).

Other than that they required smart guns to be offered, which basically activates the 3-year timer on ABN700 that requires ALL guns sold in NJ to be smart guns?

nvm it repealed the old law, so retailers are just required to offer it, which means what, offer it on "special order?"

9 hours ago, Bob2222 said:

Isn't A3696 in conflict with District of Columbia v. Heller? If a firearm is locked up, it's not accessible, is it?

(Requiring a trigger lock on a a firearm without specifying that it must be unloaded first is probably one of the dumbest and most dangerous laws that the NJ Assembly has ever passed.)

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/07-290.ZO.html

I would.love to know how they r going to enforce it....they cant.

3 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

I would.love to know how they r going to enforce it....they cant.

Not unless a LEO needs to enter a home for some other reason. Domestic disturbances are probably high on the list.

I think "in my home" is "a location which a reasonable person would believe to be secure", but the majority of the New Jersey legislature is not reasonable people. (Or smart people.)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, Downtownv said:

PSA

The Next Oaks Gun Show date is:

AUGUST 3rd and 4Th

There was GREAT deals on Ammo there!

Of course I will be there with knives and cbd.

FUCK Trenton!

So you support the ban on online ammo sales?

9 hours ago, jasonx said:

Could someone explain to me what happened? Assuming Murphy will sign anything they put in front of him, they basically banned tasers (again).

Exactly what I was wondering too. Plus the same bill said mags are OK up to 15 rounds... So....

1 hour ago, 45Doll said:

According to NJ.com Sweeney didn't bring four of the proposed bills to the floor for a vote.

Perhaps he meant what he previously said?

Maybe, but I suspect it more likely that he is just using them as bargaining chips.   Once he can trade them to Gov Gopher for something he wants, I suspect they'll be brought up for a vote.    :(

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, 10X said:

Maybe, but I suspect it more likely that he is just using them as bargaining chips.   Once he can trade them to Gov Gopher for something he wants, I suspect they'll be brought up for a vote.    :(

I agree wholeheartedly.

It's the way of the Thug.

30 minutes ago, 10X said:

Sad but probably true. 

My wife thought I  was sighing yesterday because I was with her shopping for clothes....But no!  I told her that I was sighing because I was reading about all the bills they are trying to pass.

44 minutes ago, 10X said:

I suspect it's a couple of things.  None of which make him our friend.  1- he hates the ground Murphy walks on. 2- he wants to be governor.  He hates Murphy because he screwed Murphy out of the chance to be Governor this time by stealing union support with lies.  He's making sure Murphy looks like the most ineffective and hated Governor ever. This will help him in '22. He also probably thinks we won't hate him as much if he doesn't lay down new taxes and make new gun laws thus tightening up the vote chain..  Little does he know........that ship has sailed. 

5 minutes ago, BobA said:

I suspect it's a couple of things.  None of which make him our friend.  1- he hates the ground Murphy walks on. 2- he wants to be governor.  He hates Murphy because he screwed Murphy out of the chance to be Governor this time by stealing union support with lies.  He's making sure Murphy looks like the most ineffective and hated Governor ever. This will help him in '22. He also probably thinks we won't hate him as much if he doesn't lay down new taxes and make new gun laws thus tightening up the vote chain..  Little does he know........that ship has sailed. 

I wish that were so... but im gonna have to see it when i believe it.... If Murphy can become governor... any ass hat democrat can in this state. 

12 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

If Murphy can become governor... any ass hat democrat can in this state. 

More accurately, any ass hat BILLIONAIRE democrat can in this state.   There were good reasons that Murphy was dubbed Corzine II.

36 minutes ago, 10X said:

More accurately, any ass hat BILLIONAIRE democrat can in this state.   There were good reasons that Murphy was dubbed Corzine II.

The money bought him the party nomination....that pretty much stopped there. 

His ridiculous progressive ideas got him elected. 

When push comes to shove... next election, if Sweeney can out Murphy in the primary... who do you think all the liberals in the state will support? 

My hope is that the Murphy hatred runs sooo deep that Sweeney becomes a moderate and the legislature utilizes it's Republicans to continue veto proof legislation. So these bills can die out this session. Keep in mind he may be trading these bills the other way to keep Republicans on his side.