Sniper

4 New Gun Laws Proposed in the House, and 2 in the Senate, is everyone aware?

23 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

The money bought him the party nomination....that pretty much stopped there. 

His ridiculous progressive ideas got him elected. 

Yes to the first point, maybe to the second.   I think the 'D' next to his name on the ballot was sufficient to get him elected.

Considering the politics of NJ, if Murphy got the D nomination, and then never left his villa in Italy, never made a campaign appearance, never gave an interview, never appeared in a TV spot, would he have still won?

I think he would have.  I think NJ has enough voters who can't see past the D on the ballot.

20 hours ago, Bob2222 said:

Isn't A3696 in conflict with District of Columbia v. Heller? If a firearm is locked up, it's not accessible, is it?

(Requiring a trigger lock on a a firearm without specifying that it must be unloaded first is probably one of the dumbest and most dangerous laws that the NJ Assembly has ever passed.)

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/07-290.ZO.html

What I think they were going for with this bill is that they want to be able to charge the owner of a firearm in cases where the firearm is taken by another member of the household like in cases where they are taken to schools by kids or otherwise used in crimes.  But then the penalty is a disorderly persons offense. 

It does not seem to be enforceable outside of the instances when the gun is discovered (after the fact) to have been left unsecured.    

40 minutes ago, Regular Guy said:

What I think they were going for with this bill is that they want to be able to charge the owner of a firearm in cases where the firearm is taken by another member of the household like in cases where they are taken to schools by kids or otherwise used in crimes.  But then the penalty is a disorderly persons offense. 

It does not seem to be enforceable outside of the instances when the gun is discovered (after the fact) to have been left unsecured.    

But that is already a crime.

Section 2C:58-15 - Minor's access to a loaded firearm; penalty, conditions

Universal Citation: NJ Rev Stat § 2C:58-15 (2015)

2C:58-15. Minor's access to a loaded firearm; penalty, conditions
1. a. A person who knows or reasonably should know that a minor is likely to gain access to a loaded firearm at a premises under the person's control commits a disorderly persons offense if a minor gains access to the firearm, unless the person:

(1) Stores the firearm in a securely locked box or container;

(2) Stores the firearm in a location which a reasonable person would believe to be secure; or

(3) Secures the firearm with a trigger lock.

b. This section shall not apply:

(1) To activities authorized by section 14 of P.L.1979, c.179, (C.2C:58-6.1), concerning the lawful use of a firearm by a minor; or

(2) Under circumstances where a minor obtained a firearm as a result of an unlawful entry by any person.

c. As used in this act, "minor" means a person under the age of 16.

1 hour ago, voyager9 said:

Once he passed the Primary, hatred for Christie gifted him the election. No way Kim was going to get it. 

only 38 percent of those registered to vote even showed up to the polls

And people hated christie because he wasn't progressive enough for NJ.

@Bob2222  I know it's already a crime, but look at how many gun laws they pass where it's already a crime at both the State and Federal level.  The politicians don't know most of the current laws related to firearms and neither does the general public.  So when they pass a law, they look like they are doing something.  This makes the sheep feel safe and the sheep keep voting for them.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Regular Guy said:

@Bob2222  I know it's already a crime, but look at how many gun laws they pass where it's already a crime at both the State and Federal level.  The politicians don't know most of the current laws related to firearms and neither does the general public.  So when they pass a law, they look like they are doing something.  This makes the sheep feel safe and the sheep keep voting for them.  

If its already a crime why get tweaked when a law is written like another law that's there?

They r idiots

2 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

If its already a crime why get tweaked when a law is written like another law that's there?

They r idiots

The Assembly members who passed the most recent law  (and the older law) didn't write either law -- or probably even read either law.

Whatever anti-gun group wrote the law told them, "If you want our support and money, pass this law". The group didn't search the NJ code to find that a law was already on the books.

The anti-gun laws in all the blue states are pretty much cut and paste versions of each other.

Requiring trigger locks on a firearm without specifying that it must be unloaded first is dangerous and both the new and old laws do that.

• Like 3

https://www.nj.com/news/2019/07/he-bought-10-guns-in-the-easton-area-because-it-was-easier-than-buying-them-legally-in-new-jersey.html

So which laws have the Dems already passed or suggested that would have stopped this guy from just going to PA and buying guns for criminals who can't buy in NJ?

33 minutes ago, Greenday said:

https://www.nj.com/news/2019/07/he-bought-10-guns-in-the-easton-area-because-it-was-easier-than-buying-them-legally-in-new-jersey.html

So which laws have the Dems already passed or suggested that would have stopped this guy from just going to PA and buying guns for criminals who can't buy in NJ?

Obviously NJ laws work since he had to go  to PA. /s

Dont you have to show ID to the FFL outside NJ?

49 minutes ago, Zeke said:

And pass pics. 

46 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

This whole story sounds like anti-gun crowd bullshit.

Yeah, I’m confused. Homie walks into PA gun store and gives a fake PA address and nobody checks ID to verify?  Even after multiple visits to the store?

if the guy presented a fake ID I can see the transfer at least getting to PICS since the FFL can’t be expected to tell if the ID is fake or not.  

11 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Yeah, I’m confused. Homie walks into PA gun store and gives a fake PA address and nobody checks ID to verify?  Even after multiple visits to the store?

if the guy presented a fake ID I can see the transfer at least getting to PICS since the FFL can’t be expected to tell if the ID is fake or not.  

Unless I’d theft. Most likely individual used a friend addy to establish residency 

3 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Unless I’d theft. Most likely individual used a friend addy to establish residency 

Perhaps. 

I still struggle what the point was.it doesn’t appear he was prohibited since he passed PICS/NICS numerous times. Did he just not want to bother with P2P’s?  So it was the administrative PITA and not that and actual NJ law was going to stop him. 

4 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Perhaps. 

I still struggle what the point was.it doesn’t appear he was prohibited since he passed PICS/NICS numerous times. Did he just not want to bother with P2P’s?  So it was the administrative PITA and not that and actual NJ law was going to stop him. 

P2p is also registry to issuing authority as well as NJSP. Pa does not have this schema to the best of my knowledge. So if the intent was to straw, he tried to cover his tracks. But the manufacturer knows what distributor were sent what and the paper trail starts there. 

They say the smart ones don’t get caught. Why the 80% scare the crap out them

1 hour ago, Downtownv said:

NICS

This whole story sounds like anti-gun crowd bullshit.

There is DEFINITELY more to this story. I’ve purchased in both of these places and you don’t just walk in buy and walk out. Could you imagine?  The line would be around the corner. 

It's almost like gun laws are basically just hampering law abiding citizens. I mean, they FINALLY got the exact kind of criminal they want to stop...and he gets a whopping 2.5 years for illegally purchasing guns and illegally selling them to criminals? I know he helped get some of them back from the people he sold to, but still.