Sniper

4 New Gun Laws Proposed in the House, and 2 in the Senate, is everyone aware?

26 minutes ago, Greenday said:

It's almost like gun laws are basically just hampering law abiding citizens. I mean, they FINALLY got the exact kind of criminal they want to stop...and he gets a whopping 2.5 years for illegally purchasing guns and illegally selling them to criminals? I know he helped get some of them back from the people he sold to, but still.

th?id=OIP.nAdR2kHY4nopE6gkH6t6swHaHy&pid

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Greenday said:

It's almost like gun laws are basically just hampering law abiding citizens. I mean, they FINALLY got the exact kind of criminal they want to stop...and he gets a whopping 2.5 years for illegally purchasing guns and illegally selling them to criminals? I know he helped get some of them back from the people he sold to, but still.

I can only hope and pray that you are also frequenting other forums and websites where non-gun owners (and even gun-haters) gather... and that you point out things like this to THEM.  Here?... you're preaching to the choir.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I can only hope and pray that you are also frequenting other forums and websites where non-gun owners (and even gun-haters) gather... and that you point out things like this to THEM.  Here?... you're preaching to the choir.

Mrs P

I think he was pointing out the slap on the wrist sentencing...

3 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

Mrs P

No, I actually think he "gets" that most of the gun laws passed in NJ are nonsensical. And if you couple that with the light sentencing given to criminals like this guy, it becomes VERY apparent: the people who propose and pass gun laws have zero interest in reducing crime, but great interest in giving the "appearance" of doing something to leverage political influence. The whole thing is a sham.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

1 minute ago, Mrs. Peel said:

No, I actually think he "gets" that most of the gun laws passed in NJ are nonsensical. And if you couple that with the light sentencing given to criminals like this guy, it becomes VERY apparent: the people who propose and pass gun laws have zero interest in reducing crime, but great interest in giving the "appearance" of doing something to leverage political influence. The whole thing is a sham.

THAT I AGREE With!

17 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Guns don't get brought up much elsewhere. But I am very vocal about how stupid the laws are in person.

15 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

Mrs P

It's just two issues for the same problem. The laws they pass aren't designed to actually stop misuse of guns, just look like they are doing something. And that the lack of enforcement of laws is letting the misuse of guns continue on while the innocent get preyed upon.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Greenday said:

The laws they pass aren't designed to actually stop misuse of guns, just look like they are doing something. 

I agree with the first part. I believe the second doesn’t give them enough credit. They’re specifically targeting law abiding gun owners even though they know it won’t stop any problems. Yes, it’s easy political points, but it also hits a demographic they hate for some reason. 

1 hour ago, voyager9 said:

I agree with the first part. I believe the second doesn’t give them enough credit. They’re specifically targeting law abiding gun owners even though they know it won’t stop any problems. Yes, it’s easy political points, but it also hits a demographic they hate for some reason. 

The reason being:

WE POSE A VERY REAL THREAT TO THEIR CONTROL OVER EVERYONE THEY DO NOT LIKE OR AGREE WITH.

https://www.opslens.com/2019/07/why-have-civil-liberties-loving-liberals-become-anti-gun-and-anti-free-speech/

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

20 hours ago, voyager9 said:

They hate you and want you dead, really that simple

• Agree 2

19 hours ago, njJoniGuy said:

The reason being:

WE POSE A VERY REAL THREAT TO THEIR CONTROL OVER EVERYONE THEY DO NOT LIKE OR AGREE WITH.

https://www.opslens.com/2019/07/why-have-civil-liberties-loving-liberals-become-anti-gun-and-anti-free-speech/

Fucking money quote right at the end--exactly what Libs and their shills like Greenie and AVB-y want

Anyway, if you ever find yourself thinking about how gun control (and speech control) fits in with a supposedly liberal, civil rights-promoting political party’s ideology, consider what gun control —not to mention speech control— gets leftists: Power and control.

Over you.

3 hours ago, matty said:

They hate you and want you dead, really that simple

^^^^^^^^^  this !

3 hours ago, matty said:

Fucking money quote right at the end--exactly what Libs and their shills like Greenie and AVB-y want

Anyway, if you ever find yourself thinking about how gun control (and speech control) fits in with a supposedly liberal, civil rights-promoting political party’s ideology, consider what gun control —not to mention speech control— gets leftists: Power and control.

Over you.

Look at GB....thought and speech police running rampant.

I bumped this thread since it makes mention of A1016 which apparently is now law as of Feb 1st.  I and many here already new about the new smart gun law.  However this is the first I am hearing of a "personalized handgun roster".

Source:  Middletown Patch-->  https://patch.com/new-jersey/middletown-nj/s/h01et/4-new-nj-laws-start-feb-1-heres-what-they-do?utm_source=alert-breakingnews&utm_medium=email&utm_term=politics&utm_campaign=alert

The link to A1016 within the aforementioned article is-->  https://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2018/Bills/A1500/1016_I1.PDF

Text from the article is pasted below.   Just wonderful, now we will have a commission which will maintain a "personalized handgun roster".   Sounds somewhat like the roster California has which severely limits what handguns citizens in that state can buy.  As has been mentioned by others, I foresee the day that NJ will mandate only personalized handguns can be sold, thus we would be limited to only those handguns on this new roster.  The net effect would be as bad if not worse than in California. 

Yet another incentive to apply for more permits and  go purchase the handguns that you have been thinking of getting, before it is ultimately too late to do so.  

p.s. Mods: did not see any other current thread on this topic.  Merge if there is, and/or move to Current NJ Legislation as you deem fit.

"Smart gun usage

Establishing performance standards for personalized handguns, also known "smart guns" and "child-proof guns," took effect on Saturday.

A personalized handgun is a firearm incorporating technology that automatically limits its operational use and cannot be readily deactivated. It may only be fired by an authorized or recognized user, lawmakers said.

The new law (A-1016) creates the "Personalized Handgun Authorization Commission" to be responsible for approving and maintaining a roster of personalized handguns authorized for sale to the public, lawmakers say.

It will also require all licensed retail firearm dealers, with limited exception, to offer for sale at least one personalized handgun.

The Personalized Handgun Authorization Commission will consist of seven members, including the state attorney general, superintendent of State Police, the commissioner of health or their respective designees, all serving ex-officio. The remaining four members would be appointed by the governor.

"We've seen far too many senseless deaths because of handguns accidentally getting in the hands of children. The technology exists to curb this possibility," said Assemblyman Gordon Johnson, D-Bergen"

I wrote in  the Patch:

I certainly hope our Police get this guns first to protect them from a criminal from taking their weapons and shooting them with it.

of couse it was sarcasm, yet the morons of NJ immediately agreed!

I would like to hear a LEO that wants one of these!

Laughing_a.gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Downtownv said:

I wrote in  the Patch:

I certainly hope our Police get this guns first to protect them from a criminal from taking their weapons and shooting them with it.

of couse it was sarcasm, yet the morons of NJ immediately agreed!

I would like to hear a LEO that wants one of these!

Laughing_a.gif

It happens to them too.  Some time ago, A Trenton police officer, living in Lumberton, left his service weapon accessible on his dresser, his four year old got a hold of it and started playing with it.  The gun discharged, killing the four year old.  I don't remember what happened to the officer other than he was fired.

On 7/5/2019 at 4:59 PM, Mrs. Peel said:

The people pushing gun control are very interested in developing a voter base that is in constant fear of something with the only option for a resolution being voting yet again for the politician or party that says only they can fix it. Their goal is to make the problem seem maximally threatening to that population, and to destroy the opposition voting block associated with it. Not a one of them is actually trying to fix anything. They are trying to farm votes and destroy your political power and that is it. 

On 2/3/2020 at 2:44 PM, raz-0 said:

The people pushing gun control are very interested in developing a voter base that is in constant fear of something with the only option for a resolution being voting yet again for the politician or party that says only they can fix it. Their goal is to make the problem seem maximally threatening to that population, and to destroy the opposition voting block associated with it. Not a one of them is actually trying to fix anything. They are trying to farm votes and destroy your political power and that is it. 

Another problem is 'conservative' politicians not actively pushing against gun control, rather simply touting fear of gun control to get conservative voters to the polls.

If there was NO WAY any anti gun measure could be passed, conservatives would lose votes. People would not be mobilized to vote conservative or they may cast their vote towards a liberal candidate, seeing as their 2A rights are secured.