carl_g

New LP gas Grill

Our old Weber after 15 years or so is finally about to die. Through my Wife's work, she has a rewards program and has accrued a ton of points over the years.  She figures she will use the points for a new grill since there isn't much else she would want or need. SO... between the 2 grills,  Which would you go for and why?

1. Weber Spirit II E-310 - 3 burners / 30000 BTU

2. Broil King Baron 420 - 4 burners/ 40000 BTU

I don't know anything about Broil King and the Weber is basically what we have now.. Our current grill is an old genesis line but it is 15 yrs old and the same specs as today's Spirit II e-310.

Thanks for your input.

9 minutes ago, carl_g said:

Our old Weber after 15 years or so is finally about to die.

I think that just about says it.

My weber is about the same age as yours and I've only changed the igniter and "flavor bars".

They have a solid reputation, and spare parts are easy to get.

• Like 1

You say you had a Weber 15 years, there is your answer, mine is at least 15 years, still runs fine with a few replacement parts that you can buy at Home Depot or rose where easily.

Not saying the other one is not good, but you did great with the Weber, why change.

as far as size, get what you need, mines a 3 burner and suits me fine.

• Agree 1

I don’t know if they make them anymore but we have a Sterling Forge converted to NG. We use it year round and don’t even bother to cover it. Ours is probably closing in on 18 – 19 years old. It has 3 burners with side burner for pot or pan. No complaints, I'll be cooking fresh Sword fish less than an hour which is one of my favorites. Also love to do baked potatoes on it... good luck with yours

5 hours ago, Bklynracer said:

Sounds like a Weber is a winner 

Yeah sounds like it. Kind of what I thought I was just trying to see if anyone had experience with the other brand. Thanks guys.