HELP, Has anybody else run into this?????????????????

I received an email from a friend, tried myself, Try to purchase a WW2 rifle scope on ebay, Blocked!!! Because I live in NJ!!!!!  NJ contacted ebay and any purchase related to a firearm is blocked.

Nick, I received this from Rolling Thunder on CMP.

Default Ebay and Firearms Parts

Gentlemen,

Apparently NJ has subpoenaed Ebay to prevent NJ residents from bidding on any firearm related items on Ebay. The item in the Ebay message below that was bid on was a Lyman scope. After some aggravation attemping to find a solution Ebay Support had to kick the problem 'upstairs' to Corporate because they claimed to not know anything about it and they had no solution to the issue. The message below is what was received back from Ebay. There was no previous advisory from Ebay regarding this which is not surprising. There is no sense complaining to Ebay, their hands are tied and there is no way to know how wide-spread and inconsistent this is until you bid on an item from NJ.

You can be sure other states will follow if they haven't already.

Hello David, I'm emailing you back in regards to the block that you have received when trying to bid on item# XXXXXXXXXXXX. I found through my research that there is an issue with the bidding/purchase of this item due to New Jersey gun laws, There is something about this item that could potentially conflict with the local law and that is why our system is blocking this purchase and I have no way of overriding this block. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, If you have anymore questions feel free to give us a call. Thanks,eBay[THREAD ID: 1-213772120351]eBay Document ID: 70879446002 _____________________________________________ eBay is committed to your privacy. Read our user agreement and privacy notice. Learn how to recognize fake (spoof) emails. http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/user-agreement.html http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/privacy-policy.html http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/r...ing-spoof.html Copyright © 2019 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc., 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125. _____________________________________________

14 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

It is not a global block a seller can setup if they want a sale blocked to someplace - that is my guess

EBay sellers can only block AK/HI for shipping locations in the USA.  Ebay sellers can’t block other individual states.

I just went on eBay and was able to add several firearm parts to my “basket” including magazines and sights.  Didn’t actually buy anything though.

17 minutes ago, 1563621 said:

Nick, I received this from Rolling Thunder on CMP.

Default Ebay and Firearms Parts

Gentlemen,

Apparently NJ has subpoenaed Ebay to prevent NJ residents from bidding on any firearm related items on Ebay. The item in the Ebay message below that was bid on was a Lyman scope. After some aggravation attemping to find a solution Ebay Support had to kick the problem 'upstairs' to Corporate because they claimed to not know anything about it and they had no solution to the issue. The message below is what was received back from Ebay. There was no previous advisory from Ebay regarding this which is not surprising. There is no sense complaining to Ebay, their hands are tied and there is no way to know how wide-spread and inconsistent this is until you bid on an item from NJ.

You can be sure other states will follow if they haven't already.

Hello David, I'm emailing you back in regards to the block that you have received when trying to bid on item# XXXXXXXXXXXX. I found through my research that there is an issue with the bidding/purchase of this item due to New Jersey gun laws, There is something about this item that could potentially conflict with the local law and that is why our system is blocking this purchase and I have no way of overriding this block. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, If you have anymore questions feel free to give us a call. Thanks,eBay[THREAD ID: 1-213772120351]eBay Document ID: 70879446002 _____________________________________________ eBay is committed to your privacy. Read our user agreement and privacy notice. Learn how to recognize fake (spoof) emails. http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/user-agreement.html http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/privacy-policy.html http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/r...ing-spoof.html Copyright © 2019 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc., 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125. _____________________________________________

Hmmmmm, something just doesn't smell right..........  PM me the item number...........

:)

Picture Information

Shop with confidence

eBay Money Back Guarantee
Get the item you ordered or get your money back. Learn more - opens in new window or tab

Seller information

100% Positive feedback

Details about  Lyman Alaskan Scope 2 1/2 Power Fine Cross hair (Nice)

Item Information

Condition:
Used

nice near mint

Time left:
Time left: 1 day 7 hours

Wednesday, 12:00AM

Current bid:
US $124.72
6 bids ]

Place bid -
Resume bidding, if the page does not update immediately.

Enter US $127.22 or more

Free returns
50 watchers
Ships from United States

Shipping:
$14.35 Expedited Shipping | See details

Item location:
West Plains, Missouri, United States

Ships to:
United States See exclusions

Delivery:

Estimated on or before Sat. Jun. 08 to 08758  help icon for Estimated delivery date - opens a layer

Payments:
PayPal Visa Master Card Amex Discover

It is setup for an ITAR block - lol - 

It looks like this item is restricted for export under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, ITAR (22 CFR, Parts 120-130) or the Export Administration Regulations, EAR (15 CFR, Parts 730-774). Please ensure you comply with any regulatory licensing and documentation requirements associated with this product. For more information and guidance on these regulations, see the US Department of State website, the Bureau of Industry and Security website, and our military items policy.

Yay !  Another lawsuit !  

50 minutes ago, Regular Guy said:

Hmm.  You should forward this to the NJ2AS and see if they would be interested in assessing this before it spreads to other major retailers of shooting sports accessories.

I don't know how to forward it.

57 minutes ago, Bully said:

Did you contact the seller?  

The above copy from Rolling Thunder is about another Lyman I had bid on. That was his responce. Today I bid on another and same block came up.

17 minutes ago, Regular Guy said:

I think you can email them through their site here:  https://www.nj2as.org/contact  

I just did, Thanks

eBay Logo

info
It looks like this item is restricted for export under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, ITAR (22 CFR, Parts 120-130) or the Export Administration Regulations, EAR (15 CFR, Parts 730-774). Please ensure you comply with any regulatory licensing and documentation requirements associated with this product. For more information and guidance on these regulations, see the US Department of State website, the Bureau of Industry and Security website, and our military items policy.

{e56705-771062x}

Review and confirm your bid

Lyman Alaskan Scope  2 1/2 Power Fine Cross hair (Nice)

Lyman Alaskan Scope 2 1/2 Power Fine Cross hair (Nice)
Current bid:
US $177.50

Your max bid:
US $265.00

Sales Tax:
7.660% (only in MO)

Shipping:
US $14.35 -- Expedited Shipping (USPS Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box)

Payment:
PayPal
  Confirm Bid

By clicking the Confirm bid button, you commit to buy this item from the seller if you are the winning bidder.

If this is true, it’s all part of his plan. He is attacking everything about guns but not the gun itself. He can stand up there, as he does, and claims he’s not stopping honest gun ownership. But the scumbag is making keeping them impossible. We’ll own guns but not have parts or ammo. But we’ll still own guns. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, BobA said:

If this is true, it’s all part of his plan. He is attacking everything about guns but not the gun itself. He can stand up there, as he does, and claims he’s not stopping honest gun ownership.

That's called Death by a thousand cuts.

1 hour ago, BobA said:

We’ll own guns but not have parts or ammo. But we’ll still own guns. 

and we'll be able to use them as clubs, hammers and paperweights instead, since ammo and parts will be gone.

What’s more likely?:

A. The state of NJ has semi-successfully lobbied eBay to prevent shipments of *some*  (where “some” currently stands at 1 identified item) firearms related items to NJ

-or-

B. A single scope listed on eBay has a mis-classification as being ITAR regulated and/or illegal in NJ.

I vote B.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

What’s more likely?:

A. The state of NJ has semi-successfully lobbied eBay to prevent shipments of *some*  (where “some” currently stands at 1 identified item) firearms related items to NJ

-or-

B. A single scope listed on eBay has a mis-classification as being ITAR regulated and/or illegal in NJ.

I vote B.

^^^^^^^  this

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, 1563621 said:

According to Rolling Thunder on CMP this has happened previously. Possibly on sniper scopes.

And if you know what your looking at you can find 10 plus round magzines

I regularly see 13 rnd HP mags...

Seems that simple hinting optics are being mis characterized... ...and what does this tell you !!!!????  :)

what it tells me is that once they are done going aftwr the evil black guns, if they win...the next up is bolt action military type rifles....then it is going to be the thutty aught six scoped hunting guns..you know those evil sniper rifles...

give them not one more inch !

@Smokin .50