Not sure if this is true, but heard from a friend I work with that the state is running low or out of pistol permits. 

He applied in Clark, and from what he told me they are usually fairly quick on their turn around.  He applied using the online system and after about a month he called just to check on his permits and they told him that everything was done but they were out of actual permits and were waiting on a delivery.

I just saw a post on the Njguns sub reddit about something similar happening in Hoboken; he was informed they didn't have any permits. I didn't believe it at first and thought they were pulling a fast one over on the poster. For your friend to get the same response in Clark is probably not a coincidence. I didn't realize there is a limited amount. The cynic in me wonders if they are purposely withholding permits as a defacto form of control. 

7 hours ago, dajonga said:

Misplace permits in a warehouse somewhere, stop printing new permits, blame it on an unnamed vendor and BINGO! Totalitarian handgun control.

Clever that Murphy.

It's the opposite of finding ballots in a warehouse. Oh look more votes for the progressive, under all these handgun permits.

• Haha 1

The law-abiding and peaceful Sheeple will just bend over to the unconstitutional and unjust tyranny.  

2 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

I actually thought this thread was a joke.  Sadly, the joke is on us.  

1 hour ago, BobA said:

Yet another way to attack our guns without attacking our guns. 

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

The law-abiding and peaceful Sheeple will just bend over to the unconstitutional and unjust tyranny.  

The Sheeple will just accept this with all the other unconstitutional 2A laws stuffed up their butts without even a single whimper... It's what they normally do.

Just another example of removal of our 2A rights, piece by piece.

• Agree 1

Just now, Sniper said:

The Sheeple will just accept this with all the other unconstitutional 2A laws stuffed up their butts without even a single whimper... It's what they normally do.

Just another example of removal of our 2A rights, piece by piece.

Honestly, I think this is part of the turning point. 

Many people are already ignoring the recent attacks, now that they are prevented from buying, is going to get people up in arms. 

Keep in mind now the Ffls are impacted as they can’t sell guns to folks with no permits. 

4 minutes ago, Maksim said:

Keep in mind now the Ffls are impacted as they can’t sell guns to folks with no permits. 

LEOs need permits for duty firearms too, this will get fixed ASAP.  

If they didn't need permits, then that's a different story. 

1 minute ago, Ray Ray said:

Since when?

I just left global pharmaceuticals R&D. We frequently needed to update forms for Federal and International regulatory reasons. FYI, turnaround time was about 5 business days. For NJ it take no longer than 2-3 days in my opinion. This assumes NJ really wants to get them quickly :)

11 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

I suspect the permits they have set aside for LEO's are magically intact.

The stacks they had for the rest are somehow missing...

29 minutes ago, PK90 said:

Why can't the PD make copies, like dealers have to make copies of the 4473 when the government runs out?

Each permit has a unique "control number" stamped into it in red.  Copies would negate that security feature.