Has the employer verification/notification illegal letter that was required by my township for a pistol permit been eliminated through the implementation of the new FARS online system? I didn't like that i had to get my boss's approval for a constitional right. 

1 hour ago, Notime2ride said:

Has the employer verification/notification illegal letter that was required by my township for a pistol permit been eliminated through the implementation of the new FARS online system? I didn't like that i had to get my boss's approval for a constitional right. 

You never had to. You just chose to do it.

10 hours ago, Notime2ride said:

9 hours ago, PK90 said:

8 hours ago, Sal said:

It does ask for employer. I'm retired so it didnt apply to me. No extra forms. Just the application  and  mental health forms. 

What @PK90 is referring to is some towns physically sending out letters to your employer.  A few towns actually asked to have your employer notarize a letter stating it is okay for you to have a gun.

Very different from the employment question asked on the FID/Pistol Permits. 

On 8/5/2019 at 3:45 PM, PK90 said:

Actually Not. My twin boys at the same time applied for an initial FID and P2P. My one son got his in about 30 days. My other son did not. When he finally called the township to inquire on the status of his FID, He was told they didn't have his employer letter and they will need it before they can process his FID. (even though he did submitted it). He had to get another employment verification letter. Two days later he got the call to pick up his FID and pistol permits. 

Has the new FARS system eliminate this illegal process that my township forced us to do.?