Zeke

Zeke awesomeness rib method no fruit

Personally, I think a pig in a ground oven is overrated. It’s a PITA to dig the hole, set the fire up just right...the whole affair. If I’m going to roast a whole pig, I’d rather do it on a big brick pit. 

1 hour ago, Displaced Texan said:

Personally, I think a pig in a ground oven is overrated. It’s a PITA to dig the hole, set the fire up just right...the whole affair. If I’m going to roast a whole pig, I’d rather do it on a big brick pit. 

Or a huge slow cooker.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Displaced Texan said:

I had it in Hawaii. It was really good but I didn’t have to do any of the work LOL!

49 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

I’d rather use a brick pit to do one. Carolina style!! 

Split 55 Gal drums, redneck style.  When I was a kid, we hired a (not from NJ) guy who would roast two 30ish pound pigs for us when we had our big annual pool party.  I swear he went through 10 bags of charcoal he made himself.  he'd arrive at 7a.m and slow cooked the pigs 8 or 9 hours.

4 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Split 55 Gal drums, redneck style.  When I was a kid, we hired a (not from NJ) guy who would roast two 30ish pound pigs for us when we had our big annual pool party.  I swear he went through 10 bags of charcoal he made himself.  he'd arrive at 7a.m and slow cooked the pigs 8 or 9 hours.

I feel my body developing cancer from the charcoal toxins as you typed that.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scorpio64 said:

Oh my God!!!!!  I had no idea 55 gallon drums caused cancer!

https://www.mdanderson.org/newsroom/does-eating-meat-cause-cancer---meat--cancer.h00-158672634.html

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

Rib pics! Let’s see them. My faithful cohort @gleninjersey bailed. Apparently bbq sauce has too much carb awesomeness 

Still brewing.

• Thanks 1

On 6/14/2019 at 3:57 PM, PK90 said:

Okay now. Got my stuff. Get'n ready for Sunday to watch the final round of the OPEN while floating in the pool and eat'n ribs.

bbq.jpg

Good, but I've had better. I think I cooked them too long. Meat fell off the bone, but was dried out some. Next batch will be better. Hardly any cleanup

20190616_092217.jpg

20190616_192644.jpg

20190616_193419.jpg

20190616_195401.jpg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PK90 said:

Good, but I've had better. I think I cooked them too long. Meat fell off the bone, but was dried out some. Next batch will be better. Hardly any cleanup

20190616_092217.jpg

20190616_192644.jpg

20190616_193419.jpg

20190616_195401.jpg

How long? I think I was 5 hours tops.

3 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

I’m headed to Texas tomorrow for a few days....I’m going to have to get some REAL bbq ribs while I’m there. You ‘boiled rib’ weenies need to be shown what true bbq is all about!

Wait what! I thought your method is authentic bbq you culinary charlatan! 

At this point I dunno if @Bighungry618 even knows what end of a spatula to hold.

10 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

I’m headed to Texas tomorrow for a few days....I’m going to have to get some REAL bbq ribs while I’m there. You ‘boiled rib’ weenies need to be shown what true bbq is all about!

In honor of your return to a free state, I'll be smoking a whole packer brisket and a whole pork belly for pork belly "burnt ends" this weekend.  Along with a rack of St Louis cut ribs and some split breast of chicken (for MIL).   Pictures from start to finish will be posted here if I remember to take them during the stages of prep/cook.   I'll take the BBQ reins in your absence. 

5 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Wait what! I thought your method is authentic bbq you culinary charlatan! 

At this point I dunno if @Bighungry618 even knows what end of a spatula to hold.

Spatulas have no place in BBQ....that's a grill tool.  Silly @Zeke.

19 minutes ago, Bighungry618 said:

In honor of your return to a free state, I'll be smoking a whole packer brisket and a whole pork belly for pork belly "burnt ends" this weekend.  Along with a rack of St Louis cut ribs and some split breast of chicken (for MIL).   Pictures from start to finish will be posted here if I remember to take them during the stages of prep/cook.   I'll take the BBQ reins in your absence. 

I’ll allow this. Carry on! 

7 minutes ago, Zeke said:

@Bighungry618and @Displaced Texan Youze guyz are gonna Rue the day in October for doubting my wet roast delectation . I’m currently experimenting with pork chops covered in red onion slices.

While I have no doubt that ribs (or pork chops) boiled in liquid taste ok, in NO way does it constitute REAL bbq. 

20 minutes ago, Bighungry618 said:

9 minutes ago, Zeke said:

@Bighungry618and @Displaced Texan Youze guyz are gonna Rue the day in October for doubting my wet roast delectation . I’m currently experimenting with pork chops covered in red onion slices.

While I have no doubt that ribs (or pork chops) boiled in liquid taste ok, in NO way does it constitute REAL bbq. 

For a Yankee, at least BH knows bbq. Not surprisingly, Zeke doesn’t have a clue. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

For a Yankee, at least BH knows bbq. Not surprisingly, Zeke doesn’t have a clue. 

Technically I ain't a Yankee.    Born in Kentucky...I'm a hillbilly.

19 minutes ago, Zeke said:

In @Zeke s BBQ world  - soup spoons and spatulas abound.