Zeke

Zeke awesomeness rib method no fruit

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

next level awesomeness!!!

pressure cooker thingy!

That’s a good idea. Why hasn’t anyone posted something like this before?  Might have to try it. I bet it’s awesome. 

7 minutes ago, carl_g said:

The instant pot is great. Might have to try this. 

• Agree 2

18 hours ago, fishnut said:

Also they only should be cooked on a smoker 

Absolutely, otherwise they are just "braised" and not BBQ.  No authentic smoke flavor.

As for the instant pot?  Meh ... nothing a good old fashioned dutch oven and low oven can't do.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, tomk62 said:

Absolutely, otherwise they are just "braised" and not BBQ.  No authentic smoke flavor.

As for the instant pot?  Meh ... nothing a good old fashioned dutch oven and low oven can't do.

Modern day Dutch oven!!!

59 minutes ago, tomk62 said:

Instant pot is great for what it is. A combination sauté/crock pot and pressure cooker. Can do some good and quick meals with it. Key when you have work/school/sport schedules. 

38 minutes ago, tomk62 said:

Except for pressure cook.  That's kinda insta-pot's thing, a heart attack free pressure cooker any idiot can use.  My mother and grandmother used stove top pressure cookers, they were frightening.  It sometimes sounded like there was a small war going on inside those things.  Not once did they blow up, as I was sure they would.

These new electronic pressure cookers are much like the microwave when they first came out.  My parents swore it was just wrong to cook with radiation....They soon changed their tune and the Instapots will soon be everyone's go to  method!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

These new electronic pressure cookers are much like the microwave when they first came out.  My parents swore it was just wrong to cook with radiation....They soon changed their tune and the Instapots will soon be everyone's go to  method!

I have an instapot, it's not bad and has its place. However I'll NEVER put ribs in it. I wont put ribs in my Dutch oven either. Ribs only go in the smoker then my belly 

• Like 1